1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchi model 2005 trap or BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by burchell, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burchell

burchell TS Member

I'm looking into buying a trap gun and there are so many choices out there. I don't want to spend more than $1500 and these are at least two of my choices. I would like some input on these guns if possible. I'm not limited to these choices so if anyone can suggest another gun for under $1500 I take into consideration. Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Browning BT99 or BT100 hands down. You could also look for an older Beretta O/U as i have seen some for sale on here in that price range.

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Parts for the Franchi may be hard to find...plus there are tons of BT99 experience on this site.....BT all the way...LB

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

BT hands down!

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Franchi 2005 are very good guns, parts are available if needed, I never had any problems w/the ones I owned, nor my friend and he has shot his for 30 years
    no problems, They were imported by Ken Berger, and the Franchi 530 autos were good they are around $350-$500 I know where there is one with a release trigger.

I would avoid the Frigon guns, lots of part failures.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. wrzone

wrzone Member

I have a Franchi 3000 Combo in really nice shape for sale $1,600.00 plus shipping

7. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Find yourself a good used BT99 for around $1000.00,spend the rest on shells.Break'em all.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would take a serious look at this BT99^^^^. The seller wants $800 w/hard case and this is one of the older ones. It even has a Keensite Crossfire Eliminator rib on it. You won't get much better for the money in my opinion. I love these older engraved BT's.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you can get the Franchi for free- go for it

Otherwise- the BT99

Regards from Iowa

Gene

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

If you want a new gun, you might look into the Winchester Select Energy Trap. They are selling in your price range and are maxde in the old Browning factory in Belgium. Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

franchi 3000

franchi 3000 trap gun

franchi or bt99