1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchi Combo input needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

I am sure this has been hashed before but I would like any comment's on the Franchi Combos. Any info or comments will be appreciated.
    Carey

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The forearm is cracked or will be-

The forearm iron is broken or will be

The trigger is broken or will be

No parts available-

Feels great- handles great- great barrels

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. vegas steve

vegas steve TS Member

i used to shoot a 2005 combo and shot my very best with it. times got tough and i had to sell my franchi and regreted it until today as i just aquired another 2005 combo in a trade for a sporting citori that i just couldn't shoot to save my life. had no problems at all with my last franchi and don't anticipate any with this one either. very nice guns.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Anything made by man can be fixed by man---Don't worry about parts---I have a guy that can dup them---Just don't lose them---Forearms can be duped easy---
    George

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

If you shoot a release do some checking before you buy. I didn't have much luck finding a release for the gun. Tom

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Did you chec Allem?

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Oh yes maybe anything can be duplicated but the first time you have to do that- sit down and be prepared to be shocked - you might double the expense of the gun each time it breaks- pretty soon it will be worth gold or maybe not worth it but that is what you will have paid for it in repairs

I always chuckle when people talk about making another this or that. Just figure- the forearm wood might be the cheapest of all the parts that will break- so what does a plain forearm that probably wont match cost you? fit and finished and checkered? 500-700 bucks each- so 2 spares will be what? $1000-1400?

Now the metal parts can really get expensive to make and then have fit and installed- that really gets expensive

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Thanks guys, I think I will look at a different gun.
    Carey

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Last time we had Allem build a release for a Franchi it was returned three times-the last time to have it removed. He stated the gun was a piece of crap and that's why the release wouldn't work. Kept his money though. That was quite a few years ago!!

10. vegas steve

vegas steve TS Member

you guys are rediculous.franchi makes great guns.

11. vegas steve

vegas steve TS Member

i'm curious on how others feel about the franchi 2000 series trap guns. i've had a couple and love them. i hear about rumos of breakage but the 2 i have have not given me any trouble at all.i think they are great guns.

12. vegas steve

vegas steve TS Member

13. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

they break, wood is first , some metal parts next , gets expensive to replace metal parts but they do handle and shoot well

14. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

are these issues the same on the 3000 serries?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.