1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchi AL 48 Youth Stock Modification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leb, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leb

Leb Member

All,
    I am new to this site and new to the sport of Trap/Skeet shooting. I have two young boys, 8 and 10, that are showing a lot of promise and natural abilities at breaking skeet. I just purchased a Franchi 48 AL Youth for them and was wondering if it would be possible to modify the stock and make it with an adjustable comb, if needed? I am an accomplished woodworker with lots of tools.
    Would it be a bad idea to port the barrel? Would I lose enough pressure to cause the gun not to eject properly?

Thanks in advance!
    Joe

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The gun will eject properly if you keep the mag tube clean and dry---They are a great gun but with a little recoil----I have used them through the yrs with little problems---I have many and love them---No porting necessary---George@SJB
    southjblue_2008_0303898.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303899.jpg

3. Leb

Leb Member

Sir,
    Very nice Pic's! Just out of curiosity, how does the clean/oil free magazine affect the action's ability to eject properly?

Thanks,
    Joe

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yes, there's plenty of wood to do an adjustable comb, but you may need to do some filling. Porting will do nothing but decrese the value and possibly make the gun into a single shot.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Joe---A light---VERY light wipe of Rem oil over a very clean mag tube is all you need---You can also put a light coating of rem oil on the rails---

DON'T EVER OVER OIL THE 48 AL,especially in sub freezing weather---If you follow the above you'll have a great conservative valued gun that will last your kids lifetime.---PS---Also keep the stock bolt tight to the receiver to keep the stock from cracking---Also keep the forarm tight and you're good to go.You can modify the stocks---Stocks can be reproduced by a fitter @ low price.I and a few in my hunting club caused many deer their fate---At one time the 48 AL was the gun of choice until all the new stuff came out---GL----

George@SJB

6. Leb

Leb Member

George,
    Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.

7. Leb

Leb Member

George,
    Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

franchi 48 al adjustable stock

franchi 48 youth

franchi youth