1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

franchi 2005 trap 2 barrel set

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Was presented with this to possibly buy. I could not find any good info on this gun. Only franchis I have seen are the autos at dicks sporting. Seller seems to think his brother bought it sometime in late 70s. doesnt look fired much a tad bit if surface rust at very tip of barrel. he was told worth 700 to 1000 ?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they do crack forearm metal and wood

parts are hard to get

they feel good in your hands

the key is what you expect to get- and what the current condition is

what barrel length?

700-1000 is the right range if it is in 95 percent or better condition

Gene

3. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

What are the 2 barrels? Single and o/u, or both single? Peter.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Gene is correct.

I'd pass on it myself. Their triggers are about the worst there are, in my opinion.

I shot an Edinburg Trap which was the expensive version to the Franchi. In fact, I bought out almost all of FIE Corp's of FL parts before they went belly up. They were the importer.

The 2005 is an old gun and I doubt you can get any parts for them. Maybe the new versions of the Franchi parts interchange - I have no clue.

I have a combo here shot very little. I sold it to the CEO of the local Chey-Caddy dealer who hunts with us. I sold that combo probably 15 years ago for $800; case, papers, etc. in 98% condition.

I'd be damn careful buying something you cannot get parts for.

IMHO.

WW

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

It seems to have very little use. The barrels are single 34 O/U 32 fixed choke fitted case. Im going to check out other guns. This is part of estate liquidation, He did not think I would be interested in the othe guns.

6. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

I agree with Jerry about the Franchi. I have had 3 and they all had the same problem, fore end cracked and one broke the fore end latch. Their design is very solid and I have found parts from Numrich Arms. IMHO the gun is under rated and deserves better. If it feels good and you can shoot it, the money is in the right range. You might want to change out that terrible recoil pad they put on these guns. They were hard when they were new, and is probably harder now. Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2005 shotgun 2 barrel set trap

franchi 2005 trap

franchi 2005 trap combo barrels

franchi 2005 trap combo sale

replacement barrels for a franchi 2005