1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchi 2003 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chuckles, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckles

chuckles Member

Does anyone out there know anything about this gun...Franchi 2003 Trap Special 34" Top Single, I'm looking for some history on the gun, was it considered a quality gun in its day, 1976 or so....

any info appreciated

regards

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Not a bad gun but tended to split forends and pounded many cheekbones into raw meat. Can be had for around $600 to $800 usually but parts are an issue!!

3. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I bought one for $800 bucks 5 years ago, shot it for a couple of years, did not ever have a problem with it.

Berettaman7

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks for the info guys, I recently acquired a Franchi 2003 Combo set in leather case, 30" O/U & 34" Top Single...$900.00

I bought it for the 34" Top Single...the gun shoots great and it appears to be of High quality manufacture...

I've shot semi-expensive ($3000 to $5000) Combo's that do not show this kind of quality so I am quite happy with the gun...but know nothing of its history other than they no longer manufacture a similar Combo...

Thanks again for any additional info anyone can furnish.

regards

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

The receiver has 2003 figured on it...I'll check serial numbers on the barrels and see if they match...

thanks

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually the forearm hardware breaks and thats why the forearm itself breaks-

trigger parts and safety can break also

the wood on the ones I have shot or owned- was very dense european walnut - not light- and the gun balanced well- perfectly in fact

there are pluses- but the disadvantage is breakage- and the big expense in time and money gettting the breakage repaired- if you can even find the parts- sure parts can be made- but you will pay more for that than you paid for the gun itself

regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have actually owned three

all combos

many other people have the same observations I have had--

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page