1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frame for Terry Jordan wall chart.....ideas?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks5shooter, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Want to build a wood frame of some type for Terry Jordan wall chart.Would have to be rigid as I will put hinges on it so as to push it up to ceiling of basement and secure with hooks out of way when done.Any ideas thanks Don ps it is the full size version

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I keep thinking that I might roll it up on a dowel or curtain rod, similar to a window shade so I can pull it down or roll it up out of the way. I've seen some large maps mounted like a shade but not quite 10' wide.

You can buy 10' plywood if that would work for you.

Good luck.

Bob

3. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I have the 8' version and I purchased a 1" in diameter wooden closet rod. I attached the chart to the rod and roll it up when I'm finished using it.Same idea Bob has only a larger diameter rod. Once it is rolled up I let it sit on the hooks I use to support it, but the chart is out of the way.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I know of one guy here in Florida that made an ABS plastic frame for his 8 footer. TJ.

5. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Excellent!! I love the styrofoam idea! I'm going to borrow it. I actually have to hang my 8' chart on the garage door now, but it buckles in places. The styrofoam would make it lay straight and actually give me more options for placement.

I think the only modification I may make is using velcro instead of double-stick tape so that the chart could be removed from the foam board and rolled up for easy transport and storage.

6. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

I bought a 10 foot chart about a year ago from Terry. The only place I had to hang it was in my garage. I built a frame out of 2x4's and covered it with 1/4 inch underlayment plywood. used eyelets, 1/8 inch cable, and turn buckles to hang from celing. put 2 additional eyelets in bottom of frame and 2 in ceiling about 5 feet in from door. Took 2 lengths of 1/4 inch rope which I tied rope to eyelets on bottom of frame and ran rope through eyelets in celing. This enables me to hoist chart up tie it off and out fo the way when not in use. Used some very small screws to attach chart to frame so it could be removed if needed. Used cable because of ceiling hight. Turn buckles optional, I used them to level and get correct hight of chart from floor. Frame has remained straight and chart flat. Sorry but I do not have means to post pictures here. Hope this helps.

John

7. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

I've been thinking about making one out of unglued PVC pipe. That way I could knock it down easily for storage.

Jim

8. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Great ideas thanks all,keep em comin if you got em..Thanks Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.