1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fractured Radius

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by William Perry, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Perry

William Perry Member

Jun 29, 2011
    I just put a deposit on a new Blaser super sport 32" last week, will be getting it next week, and wouldn't you know it, I fell while on a camping trip 3 days ago and fractured an arm bone called a radius and my shooting arm is in a cast for 6-8 weeks, unless I need surgery. All my buddies volunteered to break in my new gun for me. What friends, didn't know I had so many.

Does anybody have experience with a fractured radius, like therapy, etc.

2. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Dec 17, 2008
    PT aka pain & torture will be a b@$ch, but listen to your therapist and do what is asked of you. Ask about doing exercises now, in my case they allowed me to do arm curls with a soup can. Remember the golden rule of rehab, "no pain, no gain" is not what you want to do. Listen to what your body is telling you and the rehab will go faster. I was cleared for shooting within a few weeks of having my cast off as long as I used a support brace. good luck!
  3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Warren New Jersey
    Never had a broken radius but I too have a lot of friends that would always help me out under similar circumstances.

Ed Yanchok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

radius arm bone broke rehab