1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fracking saves the environment

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by lel4866, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lel4866

lel4866 Member

Based on several recent articles, the low price and availability of natural gas due to fracking has now meant the USA has reduced carbon emissions to 1992 levels.

According to an article on Yahoo Finance:

"According to the U.S. Energy Information Agency (EIA), America's greenhouse gas emissions are now at 1992 levels, down from their peak in 2008. Despite refusing to ratify Kyoto, the United States could be the first developed nation to reach the target.

Who would have thought?

The United States has become one of the cleanest, greenest countries on earth, relative to the size of its gross domestic product. In 2008, CO2 emissions were about 1,600 million metric tons a year, according to the EIA. Today, they are 1,300 metric tons, a drop of nearly 20 percent."

So, the greenest answer isn't less fracking, it's more. Do you suppose we will now see liberal environmentalists jump on the fracking bandwagon?

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They will manufacture some BS saying it's bad, remember it all has to come from the sun or wind, we can't use any hydrocarbons, they are bad

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Instead of polluting above ground, we are polluting below ground.

4. Catpower

It is a fracking miracle though

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Wonder if they will be allowed to frack while toking.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They now have a very benevolent fracking liquid, so safe you can drink it.

Johnny just has to blurt, though.

HM

7. Catpower

Ain't it funny how they have just started bitching about fracking when they have been doing it for years

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

Johnny - you have no idea what you are talking about.

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

drgondog, that was the understatement of the century!!! Same goes for every leftist in the world.

10. drgondog

drgondog Member

Johnny - here is a quiz - walk us through the drilling, drill string insertion, horizontal drilling and completion process Before Frac to show us that the have a remote clue a.) what you're talking about and b.) why it is better, same or worse relative to environmental hazards?

Surprise me with your pontification of facts and elocution of the problems to be considered and solved?

I'm pullin for ya.

Bill the Sceptic

Scurry TX

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Been fracking in my area for as long as I can remember. Nobody ever grew 3 eyes or had tainted water wells nor did the cattle die from grazing near the wells. Now some idiots cut corners and polluted a few wells and the freak'n Liberal media and hippie tree huggers run off saying they are all doing it. Not true. We have several wells on our farms and the only thing that has changed is the farms income.

12. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

They have been fracking arounds here for years in the Panhandle. The tree huggers need to move on, cause there ain't no trees around here.

13. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Oh Enlightened ones, tell me just what is in fracking fluids besides diesel fuel.
    Government says they don't have to state what is in the fluid.

Resolved court cases involve gag orders

fracking “formulas” are secret proprietary information

14. grntitan

Well Johnny know it all, if these fluids are as you stated "secret proprietary information" then how in the hell do you make the assertion they are all diesel fuel???

15. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

grntitan, here is just one article I found quickly with a search, there are others.

looks like I posted a search instead of a site, take your pick.

16. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Rick, I am all in favor of responsible fracking. But greed and corruption always wins. Do you really trust these companies? There is a reason they are not required to report fracking fluid contents.

17. grntitan

ttp://www.exxonmobilperspectives.com/2011/08/25/fracking-fluid-disclosure-why-its-important

"“Fracking” fluid is pumped down the well under controlled conditions during the hydraulic fracturing process (watch our hydraulic fracturing animation to learn more). These fluids consist of about 99 percent water and sand and about 1 percent chemical additives. They are essential to the process of releasing gas trapped in shale rock and other deep underground formations."

http://geology.com/energy/hydraulic-fracturing-fluids/

"The make-up of fracturing fluid varies from one geologic basin or formation to another. A list of potential additives is given in Table 1 [5]. Evaluating the relative volumes of the components of a fracturing fluid reveals the relatively small volume of additives that are present. Overall the concentration of additives in most slickwater fracturing fluids is a relatively consistent 0.5% to 2% with water making up 98% to 99.5%."

I fail to see your proof that they all use diesel fuel. The facts are they DO NOT all use diesel fuel. In just a few seconds I found multiple links showing water-based formulas.

You can't throw every fracking well into the same pile which is exactly what you are attempting to do.
    How many fracking wells are on your property that you watched being done Johnny??

18. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I may be mistaken, but down around Midland and Odessa, there are a lot of salt water wells, and they use that for fracking. My disclaimer is that I'm not a geologist or a petroleum engineer. I have my hard hat on, let 'er go boys.

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Asbestos is a cheap product than can be used in a variety of situations and is a safe product.

DDT is a insecticide that is a safe and efficient way to rid yourself of those pesky insects with other possible uses.

Deep water drilling is a safe practice and besides we have all the precautions in place if anything was to go wrong.

A little Agent Orange just to clear the jungle, no harm done.

Besides what difference does it make, after we die it doesn't affect us anymore.

20. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

The one thing we know is that the private sector has a complete monopoly on greed and corruption.

There ain't no greed and corruption in the gubermint, especially those politicians trained in Chicago.

No sirree.

They only give our tax dollars to folks who hold to "our core values", folks like Solyndra who donate to worthy causes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.