1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fracking in your neck of woods

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fox32, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Here is a video link on how fracking works and how safe it is. None of what you state is even close to true. Your english, composition and sentence structure is AWFUL.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Parkerguy, Fracking was in a learning process and did indeed cause leakage into the water system but hopefully it is now improved to the point that it is no longer a danger or at least they have convinced or bought the government into believing that it's safe. I'm all for it as there has always been a learning curve on inventing anything worth while. Jackie B.

3. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

Don't believe the MSM hype on "the dangers of fracking". There have been over 1 million wells fracked over the last 60 or so years and not one documented case of drinking water contamination. That is very safe. The "controversy" over fracking is just another alarmist scare by the far left enviros.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

No need to worry; ban the process. As were banning (or placing great hurdles) the drilling for oil, coal fired plants, and nuke plants.

Wind mills and solar energy will provide for all....

By the way, we will need to allow the power companies to put up transmissions lines to connect to the wind mill and solar energy parks. Bet we can't have that either.

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I was walking in the woods the other day when I stumbled on a young couple that was in the process of fracking.............I split,and left them frack in peace.

D.P.Reynolds

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

D. P. R.

Hope they weren't fracking in a poison ivy patch...

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Copper, I am 64 this Aug. grew up when automobiles were spewing unpleasant odors, swam in highly polluted rivers, drank from creeks when the friends and I were out wandering. We all survived, don't worry about fracking and stop listening to the green propaganda like methane coming out of someones spigot. The fracking industry is just like the oil boom of the 1900's

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Do a little research and you will find there are false claims of contamination and there are some valid claims. Read the whole article above to get a better understanding of the process.

What bothers me the most is some of the chemicals used in fracking are known carcinogens that can and do escape into the ecosystem.

Deep water drilling is safe also until you get some greedy operators who cut corners. Then its too late isn't it?

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

it's okay, I like paying 5.00 a gallon for gas and looking forward to a wind powered 747.

10. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Guys,

I know this is probably a waste of time but I suggest you go and find presentations given by Dr. Anthony Ingraffea. He was a pioneer in fracking technology, and helped to develop it. I think you get a different perspective on fracking. Don't let the industry dupe you into thinking that this process is completely safe, there is a reason the gas companies were exempted from the clean air act and safe drinking water act.

Ok_shooter,

Well have not been fracked by this technology for over 60 years, the first well fracked using combined technologies was in 2004. This is a myth that the industry is telling people so they won't question the practice. Do the research you will find that the technologies used to frack modern wells weren't even ready until 2000.

Toolmaker251,

Just because you grew up amongst a lot of stuff that killed other people doesn't mean the danger doesn't exist. A lot of people smoked for years and didn't die from it but a lot of people did. A lot of people were exposed to Asbestos that didn't die but a lot of people did, we were also told it was safe! You might already have damaged health because of swimming in polluted waters and breathing exhaust fumes, it just hasn't popped up yet. My uncle worked for the railroad for his entire life and he was exposed to a lot chemicals. His health was fine until he turned 67, now he is ate up with skin cancer, he has to go every other month for treatments. White patches pop up all over his body and he has to get them burned off.

Parkerguy,

I know they spend a lot of money promoting fracking, which makes sense it's there livlehood! I'm sure they are not going to show any video of where something went wrong and well water was contaminated, or the woman in Ohio who almost die becaused she was exposed to Benzene! They also don't show video on how they bully land owners and send threatning letters to them. Or how they illegally dispose of fracking water!

11. TOOLMAKER 251

K gun shooter

Do you know if the smoke from you K gun when you open it is carcinogenic?

Did you know that methane has been coming out of spights in up state Pa. before your grand father was born?

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

lHave Michelle retrain the food police to monitor the frackers.....

HM

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Probably a frackin' truckload...........wiseass anwsers that is.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Just suck the frack up, like the rest of us.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You fracking guys are unreal. The man brings up a serious fracking subject and you guys make fracking jokes of it. I don't know why I even bother with this fracking forum.

16. TOOLMAKER 251

Wll frack you too Matt.

17. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

WTF = What the Frack!!!!!!!!???????????

18. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

copper, your concerns are legitimate but you are wasting your time with this crowd. They know that man cannot damage this world, Rush said so.

19. Bob M

Bob M Member

I'll second kgun shooter's suggestion about the presentations given by Dr. Ingraffea. His point is that fracking is an engineering undertaking just like building a bridge. If your bridge design fails too frequently, you are not permitted to continue building bridges. If the aircraft you designed and built crashes too frequently, you are not permitted to keep doing it. Fracking is no where near the acceptable mean time between failures for most engineering projects.

The actual fracking takes place 8000 feet or so underground, well below the aquifer. One of the main issues is the cement job in the well casing. Another is the way the 'produced water' is handled. The industry decides when water coming up from the well after the fracking process stops being fracking fluid (the chemical cocktail used to break the rock and hold the cracks open) and is now considered produced water. Produced water can we sprayed into the air, dumped on roads, etc to get rid of it. An industry regulating itself with little or no oversight is a little scary to me.

20. TOOLMAKER 251

And how much toxins are released from 1 good volcano eruption? Should we consider building catalytic converters on top of them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.