1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Sterlingworth info and pictures

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by algebra1, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have a Fox Sterlingworth 12 ga with 26 in barrels that I believe is a Deluxe model.The wood is up graded and the forearm is beaver tailed.The rib is concaved and the gun has a miller single trigger in it.Barrel has Utica,NY stamped on it.Anyone know anything about this gun ?All serial numbers match.serial # is 1606- - located on the trigger guard.
    Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Extractors or ejectors? Chokes? The Miller single trigger alone makes it special. Post some pictures. Is it for sale? Bill

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

If you can provide a serial number I can tell about when it was made just x out the last two numbers. It is a Utica gun so it was made between 1930 and 1941.

The Miller trigger was added later as they did not install Miller triggers at the factory.

Millers were the best aftermarket triggers and there is a shop in Cato New York that is now installing them and they also repair them. You can find more information about this gun at www.foxcollectors.com.

The only way to know for sure if it was a "Deluxe" is to get a factory letter on it you can find the information on the Fox site.

I have collected Foxes for over 30 years and it is very rare to find an original Beavertail on a Sterlingworth.

I suspect the beavertail was added when they installed the trigger.
    The letter will tell you how it left the factory.

Please post some pictures!
    Scott

4. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I believe it has extractors and choked improved cylinder,mod.as for sale I need to know alittle bit more about the gun and its value.

5. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks for your help.I will post pictures some time next week.

6. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

7. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

0   0   0

Don't know much, but I do know I want it.

I've been looking for one like this, and the Utica build makes it.

Please contact me if you want to sell
    joe

8. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

9. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

algebra1, This is not an auction site. Did you contact tinlo? At least post a price before taking it to the top. Regards, Bill

10. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bill,
    I was looking more for information about this gun.Scott asked if I would post pictures.If I decide to sell ,I will contact Joe.
    Steve

11. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Steve, two@low8 should chime in soon with more info. My knowledge is limited. My post did not sound as it looked in text. All good, Bill

12. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

0   0   0

Steve,
    The wood on your gun was replaced both the stock and Forend. The checkering pattren on the Beavertail is not the way Fox did them, also the Factory Beavertails came with a latch on the Forend. The flute on the comb of the stock is longer than the way Fox did it. All that said It looks like a nice gun and I bet it is Hell on birds!
    Good Luck,
    Scott

13. chrismhsc

chrismhsc Member

0   0   0

To clarify " Deluxe Sterlingworth" model, This is strictly a Utica term and the only difference between a standard model is a second rib bead and a recoil pad. Usually the price difference was these two items included. They are not marked as such and included nothing else. Ejectors were additional to any Sterlingworth. You have a great looking gun and if it is a factory "Brush" not marked by the way the chokes are less than 10 thousands in each barrel.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fox sterlingworth brush gun

fox sterlingworth deluxe ejector

fox sterlingworth forend latch

fox sterlingworth info

fox sterlingworth latch on bottom

fox sterlingworth pictures

sterlingworth brush gun

the fox sterlingworth brush gun