1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Sterlingworth F/S(New info)SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Fox Sterlingworth 20 ga---V.G. condition---75%+ orig blue---Been restocked---
    Orig forend wood---dbl trigger---sr #2550xx---1919 vintige---$1,200.00 or best fair offer---Pics avail to interested buyer---PM's only--Received ??s about the bore---The bore is perfect---No pits---Very shiney----George@SJB------I'v had a lot of interest and many ??s so I got more into the condition and will bring all up to date----I'v owned the gun for 35+ yrs and never thought about the condition---After I looked deeper I note that the receiver has a stamp marked over a proof mark(second)---I don't know why since it performs perfect and locks up tight as it was from factory---I also advertised 75+% orig blue---
    I can't tell but not so in it's life with me and it looks orig to me---There is some blemish in the blue several inches down from the receiver on the bbls---I like the gun so much that my asking price is firm and understand if there is no further interest----??s are still welcome---George@SJB---

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

New info---LOP is 14-3/4 and total length of stock from rec to end of pad is 16"----No ejectors---bbl length is 28"

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

pics added

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

5. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

Is there any pitting on outside of the barrel or hidden under the bluing. Is the a Philly gun or Utica.

<br>

How are barrels choked.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is some slight blue wear from receiver to aprox 2 to 3" down bbl but no pitting that I see---The gun is a Philly gun---Chokes are mod on right bbl and full on left bbl---The gun locks up tight and lever is far right---I don't know if you can call it a collector piece but for it's age it is very solid---
    Don't think there are many around anymore in this condition---I used it over the yrs for birds and not many got past the bbl's------Please feel free to ask any ??s through P.Ms---There are some serious potential buyers that are still thinking----I don't need to sell---Haven't used for many yrs so might as well let it go----George@SJB---

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

George, You have a nice gun. I believe your price is very fair. It is a 20 ga. That makes it worth a little more than a 12 ga. Look on gunbroker or gunsamerica I don't think you will find comparable gun for less. I have been on the hunt for a 20 with 30" barrels, vent rib and single trigger in american made sxs. Regards, Bill

8. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Bill---It's in great shape---You don't find many like this anymore---It's not perfect but a great shooter and nice to handle---Someone will enjoy it one day---George

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Please see my remarks in orig thread---Thanks---George@SJB---

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SOLD pending funds----Thanks to all---George@SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.