1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by esoxhunter, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I watched Fox News Saturday. They had a segment that pertained to explaining the difference between a semi-auto rifle and a fully automatic rifle. This was filmed at an indoor shooting range in Texas that was used primarily for training students to safely and efficiently utilize various handguns, rifles and shotguns. As a former firearms instructor, prior to my retirement, I took special notice of this. At the onset an instructor showed the usage of a semi-auto rifle. He inserted a magazine and fired approximately 6 shots at a target. He then removed the magazine, (not a"clip" that this is normally referred to) and assured the bolt was open. (This was proper). Then the next, (so called instructor), inserted a high capacity magazine and fired possibly 30-40 rounds out of a fully automatic rifle. He then placed the rifle on the bench in front of him. He did not remove the magazine nor did he check for the bolt to be locked open. Then the head instructor and the Fox News reporter proceeded to conclude their presentation directly in front of this gun that was not cleared. This is bull$hit and if we are to win this battle; we can't have these so called professional representatives acting like "rubes" in front of the media. Jeeeeez. Upsetting to say the least. Ed

2. warren

warren Member

Fox has an website and you can send them your comments it would be interesting to see if you got a responce. I agree I've seen that kind of stuff on all sorts of news outlets and it's clear they don't know what they are talking about

warren

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I saw the same type of thing by a so called expert in a different video.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

And she writes her self out of the law so she can have the gun. Tom

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Only certain people would "catch" that Ed. 99% of the media has yet to figure out what "weapon" means let alone Assault!!!

A kid in school with a number 2 pencil has in his/her hand a "assault weapon"

But then they don't have the real "Websters" in school rooms anymore!!

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

I support Fox news. Fox is the only network which supports the second amendment. They are the most trustworthy to give all the news, not just the stories that look good for the most corrupt administration thats ever been. ed nichols

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, was the safety off or on?

Did anyone see that?

HM

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Looks to me like the Senator not only is pointing that thing in the direction of her onlookers, but also has her bugger hook on the bang switch. It figures !!

10. oz

oz Active Member

I remember the article when it happened. apparently the magazine is in the gun, the bolt is foward, the safety is OFF, her finger is on the trigger AND at one point she waved the AK over the heads of the audience.. I woulde bet that it is her personal AK.

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

She's even scarier without the gun. Why oh why do these people get voted into office and continue to be re-elected? BT100dc

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

She should leave politics and go into the movies...shes got Ma Barker down cold...scary

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just in case some out there don't understand "Assault Weapon" according to its real meaning.

Warning, the xray might be u-nerving to some.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/28/pencil-stabs-girl-eye-piercing-both-sides-brain/?test=latestnews

I seem to catch flack from some people when I explain to them what a Assault Weapon is or can be. IT is not just AR's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.