1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SL900LOADER, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SL900LOADER

SL900LOADER Member

Are you able to still watch the news? Im a news junkie (was),
    after this loss of our future gun rights and the country i have not been able to bring myself to turn on the news.

between having liberals rub it in my face, and the obama boasting i just cant bring myself to turn on the news, i may "smoke" the TV with a full choke!

2. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Amen Brother!
    Doug Allison

3. mtneer88

mtneer88 Member

I have the same feeling! I turned it off last tuesday when they called Ohio for the Marxist and cant bring myself to watch again.

4. 548

548 Guest

Watch CNN, you'll feel much better.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

i don't know about feeling better, but the Commie News Network sure will provide humor with their fantsyland reporting.

I think their audience share is a whopping 48,000 people........or is that MSNBC?.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I can see why you are tired of watching Fox news. LOL

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I watch FOX News and FOX Business News. When Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Alan Colmes and a couple others apprears then I change the channel. I have worn off the "LAST" off of the button changing channels. As I get older I have no time to listen to lies and spin. The other networks I will not watch. If FOX News never came along you would never hear a conservative or a moderate viewpoint. The rest of the networks are no difference than the Pravda station of the old Soviet Union. Very few real journalists list and what they're graduating from universities are a pathetic bunch. But of course in all fairness, I don't get exposure to a lot of their writings. Maybe the corruption doesn't appear until they hit a major network. Years ago they just reported the news and you weren't aware of their politics; now it's so obvious. BT100dc

8. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I always thought the news was supposed to be reported objectively? I read an earlier post in this thread that said someone was pissed be cause he was working for a >liberal organization<? WTF??

If you watch either FOX or MSNBC you are getting entertainment, not objective news. You are getting opinions based on what those who are 'reporting' it want you to hear and you are watching it because that is what you want to hear.

I honestly don't know where to get objective news anymore but I know for sure it is not from the two organizations I mentioned above.

This country has become a sad state of affairs when everyone is harping on everyone else because of how they lean politically.

Doesn't do much for the good of the country as a whole, IMO.

Tim

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If CNN will lie for Saddam Hussein, they'll lie for Barak Hussein.

Bob Falfa

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I like their talking heads,,,,,,especially Megan....;0

11. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

As a journalist and someone who teaches journalism, my opinion is that there isn't a single network on television that does a good job of providing an objective, comprehensive account of the day's events or educating us about important issue.

But, by far, Fox news is the worst network of them all. Anyone who watches the network is a fool to believe they're getting anything more than a product designed solely to appeal to a particular ideology. Truth isn't a part of the formula at Fox. Their only concern is raking in $$$ by telling conservatives what they want to hear.

Don't believe me? Look at the memos from Murdoch and Roger Ailes (head of news at Fox) that have been made public. They're laughing themselves sick all the way to the bank.

Mark T.

12. Rick Barker

Now we know.

Drinking the Kool Aid, spreading the hate.

Why am I not surprised.

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Typical "journalist" mtimney! so Biased his mind is like a steel trap, always closed!

Doesn't even understand free enterprise or Business 101!!

He's past drinking the kool-aid, he is mixing it!!

14. oz

oz Active Member

FOX covers the news that the lame stream media do not. ie: bengazi. Americans have died on American soil (consulate) and nothing was or is being done about it.

15. Rick Barker

Mark, are you sharing the results of this experiment with your students, to show them how loony the Right is?

I mean, it is the perfect opportunity for you to show future Liberal media types that bible thumping, gun clinging, racist, bigoted, women hating homophobe Republicans really do exist.

16. johnboy

johnboy Member

Fox definitely has the hottest women!

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

johnboy, they are smoking hot!!!

Hauxfan!

18. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

What's closed about my mind? Offer me evidence to the contrary and I might change my mind. Keep up personal attacks and you only make me smile because it tells me I've won the argument.

I offered an informed opinion about Broadcast Journalism as a whole, now here's a more scientific fact...

A recent peer-reviewed journal article found Fox News stories (not the info from Fox commentators, just from their reporters in conventional stories) to contain the reporters' personal comments about 30% of the time. The stories from MSNBC and CNN only contained personal comments about 7% and 3% of the time, respectively.

The study did not access whether the comments were biased against any particular side, only that the reporters injected personal opinions.

Now tell me, who do you info from, reporters who at least try to be objective or those who willingly take sides?

Fox News might as well have their reporters in mini-skirts and high heels standing on the corner selling themselves like the prostitutes they really are.

Mark T.

19. schwabby

schwabby Member

No less than seven studies have shown dedicated Fox News viewers to be the most misinformed. At least two studies have shown them to be less informed than total non viewers. And by the way, Nate Silver kicked Barone/Rove butt.

Steve Schwab

20. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice blondes and big tits don't sway me. Fox still sucks, although the girls do look good. Was that an oxymoron? Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.