1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox News poll, more gun law supported

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Barker- just another exampe of how you dont get it at all.

That was my point months ago---- just tell moderate and middle of the road Americans to shove it up their 4th point of contact and this is exactly what you get after Sandy Hook

my example then was that you had 3 tables at a gun show-- between the 3 they sell 300 firearms over the weekend---

The guy in the middle(no FFL) sells 150 and the guys on either side of him are FFL dealers and sell 75 each with background checks---= so tell me again Barker- why that would be logical for anyone of moderate persuasion to accept just because you Barker tells them that is the way its going to be--- shut up

You get what you sow

Stupid strategy

Once the ball starts rolling then people feel empowered to teach a lesson to those that have told them to +++++ off. Long after the initial issue they were concerned about is resolved one way or another they will be pushed towards more opposition to those people they view as abusive and irrational

What you have left then is the second amendment which is far from being defined by the Supreme Court and which might be in oppostion to other indidual rights of a higher order such as the pursuit of happiness ( often viewed as a safty guarantee)

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. g7777777

Barker you just dont get it---- it is people like you that have gotten the ball rolling by telling normal and intelligent americans to go shove it-- you dont care what they think-- there will be absolutely no changes to any law regardless of if it should be or shouldnt be

Barker I have made it simple for you for months-- I have given you the one example ( or many possible examples) of the 3 tables at the gun show

You have told me to shove it just as you have told others to shove it and then try to also brand me and other loyal second amendment right supporters as weak or liberals--

Barker- just explain that example of tables at a gun show away rather than resorting to threats and insults

You and people like you that tell Americans that they are stupid get what you sow-- a tide turning against gun ownership

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. g7777777

Barker again my point is that you are the greatest friend that anti gun people can have-- and I use that "you" categorically to define people that have just told all of America to shove it-- and shut up-- I am not talking about you specifically although you fall in that category obviously

So just explain to all of us that are stupid-- just explain away that gun show example I have presented you for months

You are a danger to gun ownership and use in America

I am not certain that now that you have started the ball rolling by telling those Americans to shove it and shut up- if the ball can be slowed or not-- I dont know but what I do know is that changes are being made because of exactly that-- you have empowered them and motivated them.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Gene,,,,,,,you are a fool if you think all gun shows follow your looney example,,,,,,,I have been to many gun show a there wasn't a table like you describe,,,,,,,maybe you should do some more research personally and just not use talking points from the Brady bunch.........

5. g7777777

Ok bigdogtx-- I never said that all gunshows followed those rules- where did you get that from?

What I stated is that to be in opposition to regulation like that where such is allowed to occur is the greatest friend an anti gunner can have--- just tell moderate americans they are stupid

Read what I wrote- pay attention to the tide--- rather than try to swerve off into never never land and attack me personally on something I never stated

So I take it that you are then in support of such background checks at gunshows by non FFL dealers Bigdog in Tx? Are you or arent you? Answer that

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. g7777777

Barker my point exactly--- now that you have converted moderate intelligent Americans to think of gunowners like you-- someone that calls them stupid and tells them to shut up all the while refusing to address simple examples of things that can be changed--- yes that is what may happen

You have converted the middle half of America towards thinking you and all gun owners are like you ----

just keep calling them stupid and telling them to shut up- with no legal theory and minimal political capital to support you

The statistical change in 9 months has moved from 30 percent of Americans backing more firearms regulation to 75 percent

If that isnt an example of a failed strategy--- show me an example in history.

Just keep calling them stupid and telling them to shut up and you might make it to 90 percent- who knows

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I don't care, even if its on FOX news, POLL's are as worthless as tits on a boar hog!!!

Percentages based on 1000 to 1500 people polled don't show anything of reality. Besides Polling company's are just that, a "business". "Selling" a product to a "buyer" who whats "results" favoring their position.

As for gun shows, if you attend as a seller and have a FFL you HAVE to follow the bureaucrats regulations. If your a private citizen and your selling your "stuff" YOUR not under those "bureaucrat regulations"

If you have 200 firearms you want to sell, so be it! your selling private property!

OH YA, the liberals DON'T like "Private Property" NOW you know why the liberals constantly talk about a "gun show loophole" myth!!

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

No gene, I am not in favor of "background checks" for sales between two American citizens who are both legally to own firearms. I guess you don't understand free enterprise any more than you understand liberty......

Gene,,,, you wrote it not me,,,,,,,do you think I am picking on you because of things you write???

"my example then was that you had 3 tables at a gun show-- between the 3 they sell 300 firearms over the weekend---

The guy in the middle(no FFL) sells 150 and the guys on either side of him are FFL dealers and sell 75 each with background checks---= so tell me again Barker- why that would be logical for anyone of moderate persuasion to accept just because you Barker tells them that is the way its going to be--- shut up"

9. g7777777

Timberfallen-- brilliant- so just say Fox news is liberal and all polls are wrong

Bury your head in the sand

But now that you have converted 75 percent of Americans to being liberal-- well what is your strategy Timberfallen???????

If you cant see the problem with that 3 table gunshow example you are truly being told what to think by someone else because even those most ardent supporters of the 2nd amendment know in their gut that stuff like that just fails the common sense test.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

bid dog in texas-- you are avoiding again-- should the middle table be regulated as the tables on either side of him are? and if not- should we just tell anyone that thinks that is logical to shut up stupid?

10. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

Well you can hate me to,as a gun owner,hunter,trapshooter I do believe we have a responsibility that goes along with the rights we hold so tight to.Instead of just resisting all new laws coming out now since Newtown and other mass shootings,maybe compromising,working with the so called enemies to draft new legislation or push for stricter enforcement of existing laws.Background checks for all sales of guns is not so terrible of an imposition,we already go through background checks for sales from FFL dealers now.A background check for private sales would ensure some people that aren't legal to buy guns from licensed dealers would not be able to acquire a gun from unsuspecting people like us,most of us may not know these people as well as we think.The only way is to vote and on average only around ten percent of the population votes in any given election,maybe less.Until some other more terrible reason comes along to grab the public's attention away from guns reacting like children screaming NO!NO!NO!is not the best way,intelligent and calm discussion along with a small amount of concession might go much further.

11. g7777777

Barker- not to worry- I will put what any reader of this already knows- you have absolutely no danger, Rick Barker, of your name being in any history book.

Your part in this is meaningless except to insure that the majority of Americans are for more gun regulation

I wont be in the history books either- and my only part is a failure to stand up to bullies like you on this issue in the NRA and others

Most gun owners themselves know what is right- but they have been also bullied by a very slim number of people

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

GENNIE,

FOX is the ONLY news source on TV that attempt to present the side of Truth!!

sorry to disappoint you!! NOT!

As far as I am concerned, ALL laws concerning firearms NEED to be revoked!! Government SHOULD be punishing criminals instead of making "foolish" laws that don't do anything but appease their SIC emotions.

As for sand, gennie, go pound it!!

13. g7777777

Barker you keep editing your posts but your recent one tells me your "handlers" need better control of you

You write

"Thank you Gene.

Now that we have cleared all that up. I believe we should work together to push our agenda.

I think this background check on ammo is a really good idea.

It will slow down the sale of ammo used in murdering children.

We not only need the background check, we also need:

1). a "Certificate of Completion of Anger Management" training that people must have in hand when taking the background check.

2). A total ban on online ammo sales, making face to face sales mandatory.

3) a limit on all ammo purchases to one box a day and not more than one box in possession at any one time.

4) with the BATF defining "components" as ammo, the limitations should apply to those components as well. A person cannot buy mote than 25 wads, 25 primers, 25 shot charges, or 25 whatever. Anyone having more than 25 of any one component will be considered illegal and hoarding. After all, if a pistol or rifle shooter does not need more than one box, why should a shotgunner??

5) we need to ban the transport of ammo across state lines. After all, what is someone broke into a car and stole those 25 rounds?

-------------------

As a moderate non gun owning American, I think all these proposals are fair and reasonable and will not deny anyone of their so called 2nd Amendment Rights. We will prevent more Sandy Hook events, from ever happening again, because it will not matter what type of gun, or magazine size is used, limiting ammo is the answer.

What say you?

Does anyone have anything that needs to be added to my proposals. "

Barker

Where do you come up with that stuff?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Rick,
    You forgot to mention that slowing up or stopping the sale of ammo to citizens will also eliminate the backlog of ammo orders, allowing the Homeland Security (A.K.A. "American brown-shirts") to finally fill their multi-billion ammo order.

Kiv

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Come on Gene, need your input for my suggestions. Where can they be improved upon?

As a good Moderate, Tea Party hater such as yourself, we value your judgement.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I see straw purchase Gene is off his meds again. Who in their right mind would have that crazy drunk represent them is beyond me. Of course Gene milks the Government for all he can get so I can see how a client may be persuaded. That is his game. He persuades Veterans to sue the Government so he can receive his cut. Then he has the nerve to go on the Interweb bad mouthing honest hard working farmers and accuses them all of taking unjustified handouts. Don't waste your time on him Rick. He is a looney liberal.

17. hera200

hera200 Member

Gene and rebeldog1 I hear where you're coming from and it sounds kind of nice IF you are dealing with people who are honest and forthright and really only standing for what they say they are. That would be trying honestly to save lives reasonably without weakening the rights granted by the constitution or the safety of the citizens to defend themselves. Rick maintains that this is a slippery slope and leads to dangerous long term losses of hard fought for personal liberties. Rick's perspective loses many people because it sounds like he considers himself some type of fortune teller who can forecast the future.
    I would like to input something here, if possible that falls somewhere in between Gene's attempt to sound reasonable and Ricks ability to forecast the future. But, what could that possibly be? Gene, How about someone who has already lived in Rick's future world and has experienced what happens when gun owners try to be reasonable with a gov't? But in order for my comparison to be valid it would have to take place somewhere truly similar to our scenario where people think similarly and where many of us have some exposure to these people. Where would that be? Let's try Canada as our example.

I wont be speaking in hypotheticals becase I lived it and I truly see the same thinking processes and techniques being utilized here today as I myself was a part of as far back as the 60's and 70's in Canada where I was born and raised. There are no people in the world as close to being like Americans as are Canadians so I think My experiences are valid in their comparisons.

Gene, your position sounds really similar if not identical to what mine was back in Canada during the first real years as mentioned when gun control was coming to the fore. I wanted to be reasonable on this subject and as a member of a well known shooting club in Ontario, we approchrd the Prime Minister's representative in charge of gun control ideas to keep people safe while not infringing on the rights of law abiding gun owners. He was all for listening to our ideas and in fact came to our club on several occasions to con sult with us so as "to not eventually come up with something burdensome to we gun owners". On one occasion enen the local member of the prvincial parliament came with him..nice guys both.
    To somewhat shorten what is becoming a long story, two years after beginning this process we (ALL GUN OWNERS} were told that from now on we all required a license, like a drivers license to purchase or trade a gun or ammunition even within our own family. The license required the writing of a test even though we already had hunter safety training and was to be renewed at our own expense of course as was the original. Buying or selling or trading required producing the licences of both parties. Keeping public safety in mind, all guns and ammo were to be kept securely locked at all times and ammo in a seperate room from the firearms. This was all to be overseen by the federal ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE who now were granted entry to your home WITHOUT WARRANT (BECAUSE AFTER ALL YOU OWNED GUNS). Then came the LONG GUN REGISTRY where all rifles and shotguns had to be registered with the mounties and even a personal gift from father to son had to be reported and registered. There was even more to follow Gene but the most important point of this whole dissertation which I'm sorry took so long is found in the answer to one question. WHAT WOULD YOU GUESS WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT THAT WAS MADE TO SELL THIS WHOLE LOAD OF NEW LAWS TO THE PARLIAMENT IN ORDER TO GET THEM TO VOTE IT IN?
    GUN OWNERS WERE SO MUCH BEHIND THE NEED FOR NEW GUN CONTROL LAWS THAT THEY THEMSELVES PARTICIPATED IN THE FORMATION OF THESE NEW LAWS. After all, the parliament consulted with sportsmen themselves didn't they?
    Gene, I agree that calling people names does not make friends but speaking from a lot of personal experience learned the hard way TRYING TO REASON WITH DEDICATED ANTI-GGUNNERS JUST DOESN't WORK AND ALL TO OFTEN COMPLETELY BACK FIRES. WE REALLY NEED TO STAND TOGETHER......THANKS<<<<BUD

18. g7777777

Barker you keep editing your posts but your recent one tells me your "handlers" need better control of you

You write

"Thank you Gene.

Now that we have cleared all that up. I believe we should work together to push our agenda.

I think this background check on ammo is a really good idea.

It will slow down the sale of ammo used in murdering children.

We not only need the background check, we also need:

1). a "Certificate of Completion of Anger Management" training that people must have in hand when taking the background check.

2). A total ban on online ammo sales, making face to face sales mandatory.

3) a limit on all ammo purchases to one box a day and not more than one box in possession at any one time.

4) with the BATF defining "components" as ammo, the limitations should apply to those components as well. A person cannot buy mote than 25 wads, 25 primers, 25 shot charges, or 25 whatever. Anyone having more than 25 of any one component will be considered illegal and hoarding. After all, if a pistol or rifle shooter does not need more than one box, why should a shotgunner??

5) we need to ban the transport of ammo across state lines. After all, what is someone broke into a car and stole those 25 rounds?

-------------------

As a moderate non gun owning American, I think all these proposals are fair and reasonable and will not deny anyone of their so called 2nd Amendment Rights. We will prevent more Sandy Hook events, from ever happening again, because it will not matter what type of gun, or magazine size is used, limiting ammo is the answer.

What say you?

Does anyone have anything that needs to be added to my proposals. "

Barker

Where do you come up with that stuff?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Rick,
    You forgot to mention that slowing up or stopping the sale of ammo to citizens will also eliminate the backlog of ammo orders, allowing the Homeland Security (A.K.A. "American brown-shirts") to finally fill their multi-billion ammo order.

Kiv

20. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Come on Gene, need your input for my suggestions. Where can they be improved upon?

As a good Moderate, Tea Party hater such as yourself, we value your judgement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.