1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox in real time 10:45 1-29-2009

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Snoozing on the river bluff

[​IMG]

Yawn

[​IMG]

Pawing face

[​IMG]

Back to snooze

[​IMG]

one more

[​IMG]

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great photogarphy what type of camera and what lens choke?

3. JACK

The fox is 40' from my ofc window. The camera is a Nikon S10. Now longer made. It is a point nad shoot but with 10X optical Zoom. The river bluff is a strange place for animals as they all feel safe on the bluff. Birds of all kinds incl vultures and Eagles that hunt from that saem cottonwood in summer, pelicans from my dock, Trumpeter Swans that eat the vegetation just 20' out in the water. The river is open just a block south of me and tha ti just before in dumps into the MIssissippi.

Fox is in for the day.

4. JACK

Fox awake and figureing out his day

[​IMG]

Looking to leave

[​IMG]

Put some food out. We'll see if he comes back.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

That is great. Thanks for sharing.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yeah EE- Heaven forbid letting nature take it's natural course once in a while.Before you go there, I am a hunter. Hunter doesn't mean that you shoot everything that moves.

Nice pics MIA. Thanks.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My wife had one come onto our patio and let her feed him while she sat there 2 feet away and watched him eat. They are pretty animals

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Thanks for the pics. They are great.
    By the way, the main diet for a fox is rodents. Which I don't consider small game.
    Wayne

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

They keep the wascawwy wabbits under control.

That's a good thing.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Very cool, Jack.

...how long until the missus is wearing it? (Oh, wouldn't she just shit little biscuits if you presented her with a fake fox shawl a few weeks from now...that would be good for a laugh or two).

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Beautiful pic's and how lucky you are to have such a great view from your office. I was varmint hunting with buddy's when we came across a beautiful pair of fox's. It was my turn to shoot, I deliberately missed and withstood the harassment showered on me. They are beautiful animals and unless raiding the chicken coop or something similar should be left alone.

Thanks for sharing, Robert

12. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

My thanks to you as well for the great pictures. I enjoyed them very much.It's not often you get such an intimate view of these usually furtive creatures.Like some above,I am a hunter as well. Quail are my favorite game fowl. Simply delicious when fried and served with milk gravy and mashed potatoes. The fox is a predator,just as I am,and he likes quail too. I suspect that he is better at hunting them than I am. He probably takes a few that I will never get a crack at. No matter, I'll just have to live with the competition. The situation might be different if I had a hen house that he was using as his personal pantry. I don't, so I'll let him be and enjoy the view. Thanks again!

13. JACK

I have many pictures of the view. Here are a couple of what it looks like in the summer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This iw what the view look like in the early summer when water is high. it is up about 8' over normal. River is about 3+ blocks wide here.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.