1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FOUND-WTB Perazzi TM1-FOUND

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by benschott, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Looking to buy a Perazzi TM1 closet queen with 32 inch bbls., tapered stepped rib and choke tubes. Standard stock for right handed shooter is best. After market adj. option fine.
    Thanks, Gary

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gary,

Good luck with your search, but you may not find exactly what you're looking for.

If I'm not mistaken, none of the Ithaca or Winchester imports were available with factory OEM adjustable butt stocks. The tapered rib feature was an option on the Winchester imports and the Winchester TM1 with choke tubes (TYPE ONE) was called a TMS. The last of the Ithaca TM1 imports (1976-1977) also had TYPE ONE tubes available as an option. Those guns had four raised stripes on the receiver and have come to be known as TM-4 (Competition 4 in the catalog).

If you are interested in purchasing one of these SAFE QUEEN TM-4 models with an after market adjustable comb and 34" barrel, I know of one owned by a fellow club member that might be available, but be prepared to spend in excess of $2,500 for a pristine TM-4 with all the options you mention.

hope this helps...

3. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Joe,
    Thanks for sharing the information. I would consider $2500 to be a very good

bargain. I expect anything in A+ condition to be priced at a premium.

I would rather the choke tubes be after market by Briley, all my others do.

A standard #15 or #16 should be fine. I have never owned a Perazzi with a

Montecarlo stock so would guess a #6? LOP would be 14-1/2" or 14-3/8".

A 32" bbl.is ideal but a 34" would get these 63 year old eyes closer to target.

Thanks again,

Gary in CO

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

you can't Give away a 32" TM around here!!

5. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

0   0   0

My TM1 Special has tapered rib. According to Perazzi was made in 1987. I have never seen one with a factory adjustable stock tho.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

buy that BT99 32" that hammerhead has for sale. It will treat you as well as the TM1. Nice gun in perfect condition

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have what you are looking for.
    Don

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gary,

First things first...63 years old is not OLD!!!

Second...there's nothing "wrong" with a 32" barrel but 34" is the barrel of choice.

Third...a #15 or #16 tube and #6 stock mean nothing to Perazzi People other than indicating you probably have contributed to Hal du Pont's retirement fund. Not to worry...Daniele will not hold that against you.

Fourth...If you consider $2,500 for a 30 or 40 year gun a BARGAIN, you should be looking for a TM1 Special, which is the last of the Perazzi SBTs imported into the USA directly by Perazzi before the model was discontinued. The new TM9 is basically the same gun but carries a price tag that begins with a NINE.

Fifth...everyone that posted to this thread has owned several of these magnificent target guns with perhaps the best barrels ever made. They are known to fire 1,000,000 rounds before being retired.

Welcome...you're in good hands.

9. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Although I have never seen a TM1 with a factory adj. stock, my lack of thorough
    knowledge on the subject had me wishing it had been an option. My apologies, I didn't know it wasn't available.

32" or 34" bbl. matters not, simply I have not shot anything with a 34" bbl. Funny what is well thought of in one area is less desireable in another. Must be some reason why there are so many 34's with
    such pleased owners. LOL

Any BT-99 will NOT work. I shot one very well 30 years ago but now have an eye dominance problem. The high ribs don't work for me and I'm too old and set in my ways to change. Last week I tried a 71 vintage like I had and shot so well, nada. They are no longer a consideration. Nothing wrong just not for me.

I would be very pleased to find a top single bbl, with stepped tapered rib, for my Mirage SR# 93XXX. Please note anything under 80,000 will not fit.

Thanks every one for their help,

Gary in CO

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

all us numnuts have been told. Now go to your room

11. NealSS

NealSS Member

0   0   0

I have one, mine has the full Factory Engraving!Was Unfired until I shoot it for the first time Couple of weeks ago. Has the Box tubes everything, Simply a new 30 something year old Gun. It came from the factory with very nice Engraving . Contact me for More Info if you think this might be what you are looking for . Neal 270-590-3172 Thanks for Looking

12. JACK

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

atta boy Neal. I hope it works for the both ofyou

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gary,

Check out the following thread right here on TS.com...

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=263436&Messages=2

14. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Gentlemen,

Rather than use Perazzi stock numbers of 15,16 & 6, I found in their catalog,

I should have said, when I measured either of my MX8's with adj. standard

stocks each was set to a drop at comb-1-3/8", drop at heel was 2" and 2-1/8".

LOP was 14.5" I just guessed a montecarlo of 5/8" across comb and 2.5"@ heel.

Of the 8 Perazzis I have owned, I shot the best with the tapered stepped rib.

I'm not too keen on engraving, would rather spend the money on wood upgrades.

Only joking about 63. Many of the guys I shoot with are in their upper

70's and beyond. The shooting keeps them young and they all call me "the kid".

Thanks to everyone for their input,

Gary

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gary,

Here's a beauty for your consideration...

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=261690&Messages=20

16. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Yes Joe, that one is very nice. I have asked him to send me the stock

dimensions. No reply as of yet.

Gary

17. benschott

benschott Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all who replied,

Gary

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Perazzi never made an adjustable stock for the TM1 or TMX.

Adjustables came along much later, like maybe 7-8 years later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tm1 standard choke