1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found site for shooting apparel @ discount

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spritc, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

I was looking to purchase a new Pavillion winter shooting coat as mine is about shot and found ClaysandWings.com. They have the coats for as little as $129.95, which includes shipping. Thought some of might be interested.

Steve

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

Jack, it is a cold weather coat and doesn't have a liner. It has Polyester Thinsulation, 100% Nylon lining and leather trim. The shooting pad is also leather. Mine has kept me warm through a number of winters with only normal clothing underneath. Tag says made in China for Pavillion USA. I don't normally buy things made in China and probably wouldn't have if I'd known, but it is a very light weight coat that will keep you warm. I believe I paid $169 or $179 for my previous coat.

Steve

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

Jack, I'm 6'2" & 205 lbs and I have and bought an XL. It fits a little loose, which gives me plenty of room when shooting.

Steve

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

FYI ... just something to think about when ordering from this place. They are not listed by Network Solutions as having a secure website.

5. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

If you want a good coat made in the USA that will last 15 years lok at www.Backfence-sportswear.com for gore tex coats. Or buy cheap and replace every 3 years.

6. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Just called the folks and they are looking in the warehouse to see if they have any XL Black Storm Jackets..

She stated that their supplies were dwindling.

38-01615

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

I was just informed by email that my coat has been shipped by UPS. I'll report back on what I see when it arrives. If it is anything like the one I have it should be great. I understand the Storm coats are every bit as good.

Steve

8. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Just ordered two XL Black Storm Jackets and she said they would be in the mail in the AM.

Very pleasant lady with an English accent.

38-01615

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

kolardude - thanks for posting the info!

38-01615

11. spritc

spritc Active Member

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I just received my jacket in todays mail. Unfortunately it does not fit. These jackets seem to run a little on the small side. I ordered a large, which is what my John Storm short jacket is, but, the new jacket is just a bit on the snug side so I plan on calling and returning it tomorrow and getting an XL. The jacket is extremely well made, and seems to be very high quality. I can't wait to get the new one. Everything about this jacket is just what you would expect from a shooting jacket at a price you just can't ignore.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Saw nothing on their site for a Pavilion Cold weather jacket.

Just a Pavilion storm jacket for 99.00.

Please tell me where to look for the 129.00 Pavilion cold weather coat.

Thanks

14. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Dan - How big a boy are ya??

I ordered XL's - I hope they fit!

38-01615

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

nomderf.... I'm 6'0" and weigh in at 195lbs. My problem is that I have a rather large chest, measuring just between 46" and 48". Depending on the cut of the coat it can be either a large or XL. Compound that problem with the fact that I'm left handed as well and it makes finding a "mail order" off the rack coat a gamble every time. I did talk to Sandy at clays and wings and she is going to send me out an XL right away and I'm returning the large one today. They are doing an exceptional job in handling this problem, with no questions asked. Great customer service so far.........Dan

16. spritc

spritc Active Member

My new coat arrived a little while ago and it is exactly like my old coat. It fits perfectly and is very well made. When it arrived it came in a small box and I thought they sent a jacket instead of the coat, but that wasn't the case.
    I hope all are pleased with their purchases.

Steve

17. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

The pics do not show much difference in the jacket/coat.Is the coat longer or is it lined? Are they both lined? Thank you for the info-they look great.

18. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dennis, the coat has Polyester Thinsulation. I don't know if that is the same as "Thinsulate" or not. Mine is very warm with proper clothing beneath. I would have to assume the jacket does not have Thinsulation, but I don't own one.

Steve

19. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Guys: Pavilion Salesman/NC Trap Shooter John Caffey 704-302-3979. Shop the website and give him a call for pricing............just tell him Panther sent you.

panther

20. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

http://www.pavillionusa.com/catalog/index.php

website............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.