1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found barrels in back of vault. How much $$$

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by omahasportingsupply, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Was helping a gun club clean out their vault so we could move some shells into storage. The manager found 2 shotgun barrels still in the new boxes. Since they haven't been picked up by the customer in a long time, I suggested they convert that money into better selling inventory. We found some Winchester rifle primers but have had time to count them yet. Here are the barrels:

1) 26" Remington for 1187. Looks like a skeet barrel. It has screw in chokes included of Skeet and Improved Skeet with a t style wrench on this ventilated rib.

2) is a Remington 870 barrel for a 20gauge which is 28" long. Srew in chokes of IC/M/F and a wrench. Rib is ventilated.

Normally they have to offer first to club members, then the general public. Since the barrels have been sitting here for a while, they are trying to go first come first serve. How much should they ask for the barrels and where would be the best place to sell them? If they go open to the public, I will post pictures if anybody is interested.
    Thanks Omaha

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

MIA is probably pretty close. I was going to estimate $125 for each, but I might go to $150 if the barrels have the nice deep blue finish and don't have any rust on them.

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I've been looking for a 26" barrel for an 1187 specifically for Skeet.

I'll take it if you end up selling it.

Let me know.

trap200str8@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Jim

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Will do. They should both be new as I have seen the boxes but didn't inspect the barrels. Thanks omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.