1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FOUND !!!! - AUTOGRAPHED pic of Kim Rhode

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

I have been searching for a long time now, and checked websites, looking for an autographed picture of Kim Rhode, with no luck. I have been watching her success at shooting for years now, and if anyone out there, knows of how I may be able to obtain a photo for my collection in my office, please steer me in the right direction. Thanks for your help !!..............Rob

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

What about trying to reach out to her directly instead of finding one on the market. She might be nice enough to provide one if you ask nicely.

3. pheasantsgalore

Thats what I am trying to do. Easier said than done.

4. pheasantsgalore

Paul,
    Thanks for info. Its hard contacting some of the shooters, especially olympic shooters, and I know shes very gracious, but its not always possible to just call someone like her, and ask for an autographed picture for my personal collection. VPR80 mentioned I might get an autograph "if I ask nicely". I wouldn't have tried ask any other way. Thanks for your help, will let you know how I do.
    Rob

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

she's on twitter @kimrhode

and on Facebook, befriend her

Dave Eberhart

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

alright....gotta love social media!

7. pheasantsgalore

Dave,
    Thanks, I have never done the "facebook", or twitter thing. But I have contacted Redlands, and left my contact info with the club manager. Looks all good from here. Thanks to MX10RS.

Rob

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Most of us in So-Cal who have shot at Triple B's or Redlands for years off an on are acquainted with Kim. She is very outgoing, personable, and, apparently, does not take herself too seriously, but is professional. One time, at Redlands, for example, she had her Olympic medals with her and for a goof let a friend wear all of them and take a picture...etc....another time, she served me lunch at Oaktree..me with Phil and Jan Ross, simply 'cause she has energy and was working in the kitchen while taking a break from practice.

Anyway, you may also consider writing to her c/o Oaktree Gunclub in Newhall, California.

Good luck,

David

9. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Below is a photo of me with Kim at Oak Tree last fall. She was there giving exibition shooting for a charity boy scout fund raiser. I asked for a picture and she pulled out her medals and put them all over me for the picture. A very nice young lady in every way.
    Tom Lieb

tomlieb_2008_030313.jpg

10. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

On November 7, 2011 there is going to be a fund-raiser at Oak Tree Gun Club in Newhall, CA. Kim will be there as will many other members of the International Shooting Sports community.

Information on line at www.targetpragency.com and at 1-310-607-4959

Can't say for sure but I bet the offer of a donation to the event would get you an photo autographed personally to you.

I haven't seen Kim for some time but I still remember her shooting registered skeet at Redlands when she was a pre-teen. She probably weighed less than the total weight of the 5 guns being used and the 4 shooter's she shot with the most probably averaged over 250 lbs. She'd shoot her 25x25 and then run around trying to catch lizards while waiting for the others to catch up.

A delightful young lady who's grown into a woman who was been fulfilling her dreams for years.

11. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I have one, but it's not for sale. ;)

12. pheasantsgalore

Kim has done so much for the shooting sports, period. And made many of us so proud of her personal accomplishments in the past few years. She will go on to medal in London next year, and continue to set records. If anyone has any other pictures to share, lets see them. This is great !!!!!!!! Thanks to all who have replied, and to Terry Bilbey, who I had the honor of speaking to earlier this afternoon. Much appreciated..........Rob

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

My daughtr has a signed hat by Kim and has worn her medals. Kim even took my daughter out to kunch one day while they were shooting. Kim has a special place in our household for teaching Samantha how to shoot. Now a true story: Samantha beat Kim by one bird in a public relations event several years ago. Both were clean with 5 to go.. They looked at one another and what was a "fun" event became real serious. Sam shot a 25 straight. Made her Daddy proud... and Kim was so gracious. Truly a role model for a young person. Fred

14. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Kim is a wonderful ambassador for the shotgun sports. She came to one of our Boy Scout troop meetings and gave a nice presentation to the scouts. Let all the boys wear the medals and take pictures. It was a lot of fun. The boys know I shoot and and one of them asked her if she thought she could beat me. She just smiled and said it would be close. A great person.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I have a singed photo from a Federal girl that shot in the olimpics back in the 1990's I will have to see who it was. Ok carry on!

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok don't have one from Kim but got one from the 1992 Gold Medal Winner she was at the grand in Ohio that year she must have been shooting federal bullett's since that is what I shot at the time.

foghorn220_2008_030315.jpg

Foggy!!

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Picture of Kim and my baby sister, Diane taken at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas this past January. Diane is responsible for the Women on Target Program and others at NRA Headquarters and is the source of great pride for all of us in her family. Kim was, as always, very gracious and offered to help Diane in every (not any, but every) way she could to expose more women to all aspects of the shooting sports.

IMG_0007.jpg

Another of Kim (in the background at the Perazzi booth at the SHOT Show), sister Diane and one of Diane's heroes who is also a gracious ambassador for our sport at every SHOT Show, Dan Bonillas.

IMG_0009.jpg

And yes I have five autographed pictures from Kim, all wishing me a Happy Birthday, none of which are for sale.

Regards and Good Shooting,

Mike Mann
    ATA Life Member
    PITA Life Member
    NRA Life Benefactor Member

18. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Mike Mann "the Mike Man" - you devil you!

19. pheasantsgalore

To the top for our top shooter !!!!!!!! Kim,.......you're the best !!!!!!

Rob

20. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

UP for Kim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kim rhode westend redlands oaktree