1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found an SP-10 but with a problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have been looking for a Remington SP-10 for waterfowl and found out a good friend of mine that owns a gun store in another state has one that he said I could buy for $450. It is in another state so I can't look at it but he is a good friend I can trust in a state where this gun should not have been shot a lot. The thing is someone took a can of paint and tried to camo it themself, How hard would it be to strip that off and redo the wood?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Depends on the paint but shouldnt be hard

They did make some factory camo ones I think- not certain if that would be any harder

But

Why not leave it?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

For 450 bucks? Who cares? It's a 10ga magnum not a Purdey. You are going to shoot ducks and geese with it. I have one right now in my safe that has a rattle can paint job and when it gets worn it will get another. Put it another way. I have never seen a SP-10 go for 450 dollars. I will buy the gun if you choose not to. Jeff
    P.S As soon as you buy the gun, contact Briley and purchase a LM choke. Then contact Rogers sporting goods and buy a case of shells. Winchester T's. The shells and choke will cost you another 325.00. So.. For about 825.00 you will have all you need. Save the hulls and buy a Mec sizemaster 10ga press used off of e-bay. If you shop, you should able to get one for less then 150.00 shipped to your door.

975.00 and you will have the whole set up!

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Some are shot so much they get loose and wont run. Get a shooting inpection period. Jeff

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

JUST BUY THE DAMN THNG. AT THAT PRICE WHO CARES. You want a SP 10 then there you go. GET IT AND BE HAPPY. Worry about removing the paint later. As I was told just use Carb cleaner on a rag and it will come off.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The only drawback could be if it was painted to cover up rust.

But for $450, what the heck.

7. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

LOL, If you are going to hunt with it don't worry about the paint job. I painted my Beretta 391 field gun myself. It serves its purpose, it is a tool.

8. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Buy it-go to Walmart, buy a spray can, touch it up & go hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.