1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found an old Trap

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chuckie68, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I found this old Western Trap at a garage sale, how much should I offer for it?
    It's all there and just dirty.
    chuckie68_2012_130119.jpg

chuckie68_2012_130120.jpg

chuckie68_2012_130121.jpg

chuckie68_2012_130122.jpg

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

In the absence of a price tag, if I found this item at a yardsale, I'd offer $50 at first just to see how bad they wanted to be rid of it. I, myself, wouldn't pay more than $100.

LA in MA

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

What is it worth to you? What are you going to do with it? I don't think it is worth anything from the perspective of using it as a functioning trap machine. It would be neat if you could set it up and make it work and folks could shoot the occasional round of trap off it. Or perhaps as a display item at a club where lots of people can see it. Bill Malcolm

4. WISHBONE

WISHBONE Member

Looking at the pictures caused me to have a bad "flashback" of Ft. Polk in Louisiana. These were the exact traps that the Ft. Polk Skeet Range had and rather than K.P., some unlucky sole would draw duty at the skeet range to operate those traps. Luckily, I was the shooter but I remember after a round the two unlucky soles would come out of the high & low houses soaking wet as it was summer time and no ventilation in those prehistoric houses. When they would break, the shooters would all put there heads together and try to fix them for the next weekend. This entailed calling Winchester a hundred times and then having to wait for R.E.A. express to deliver the new parts. What a fun time in my life and thanks for posting the pics!!!

5. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Just cleaned this one up and going to display it at state shoot. Traded one last year for a couple bags of shot. The one your looking at looks like its set up and will probably throw targets.

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Thanks for all the input,

This trap belonged to a friend of a friend and was throwing targets 2 years ago. I would like to clean it up and take it to my club. It could probably then be used by a few guys to throw an occasional 4 or 5 birds.

7. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

It looks a lot like the old hand cocked skeet traps we had at our club, but ours had solenoids to trip the arm, and then re-cock by hand.

I found some of the springs like the one beside that trap, in a box of old supplies.

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I am looking for two of the pivots in which the long cocking rod was in.

I bought two of the traps for my display, and neither had the pivots with them.

If you have one of these pivots anyone would sell, please PM me.

Thanks, Dave in SC

9. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

25 bucks.

Its in poor shape and needs to fully restored. You may have to put another 100 into it plus your time.

10. traploader

traploader Member

I have a manual for it if you're interested.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pold traps found