1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found a Nice Pocket Holster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I ordered a Recluse pocket holster for my Kahr P380, and want to share my positive experience with the vendor.

I ordered online. The charge showed up, but after a month, no holster. I emailed the vendor, and received a phone call from the owner two days later.He explained their records showed it shipped, but he wasn't sure if it actually hadn't or had been lost in the mail. In any case, he said he'd make a new one and ship it right out.

A week later (I'm impatient) when it hadn't arrived, I emailed again. The owner called literally within a minute of the email being sent. He said he'd just finished the holster, and it arrived three days later.

The holster is good quality, works well and is reasonably priced. There are three different models available. The neoprene insert holds the trigger immobile. I'm very pleased with it, and with the company's customer service.

[​IMG]

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Are you kidding me? A month and half and two follow-ups from you and you call that good customer service! I call that sh-t service and would never buy anything from them again.

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

vpr80: "Are you kidding me? A month and half and two follow-ups from you and you call that good customer service! I call that sh-t service and would never buy anything from them again."

Product lost in shipping - the owner calls personally twice, and delivers the replacement within ten days of being notified of the problem.

Yeah, I call that good customer service.

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Part of customer service is making sure that the product actually gets to the customer. Also after you notified them the first time, you should have had a replacement ASAP, not 10 days later and definitely should not have had to call yet again.

It very well may be a decent product, but your experience certainly doesn't sound like good customer service.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Here is the one that I like. Put it in your back pocket. Remove the gun with thumb and one finger. Gun comes out, holster stays in the pocket.

DeSantis Nemesis. They also have one called the Super Fly.

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Several years ago I was involved in a situation where a pocket holster damn near got me killed. I drew my S&W revolver and the DeSantis pocket holster came out still attached to the gun.

Holsters for defensive firearms need to be physically secured to your person. No exceptions. Anything less and you're just asking for trouble. And those little pea shooters will get you into more trouble than they will get you out of.

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Ordered mine from Recluse and it was shipped the next day

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

SevenMaryThree: Nobody will believe you about the pea shooters. Remember, James Bond used to use a Beretta Jetfire 25 and killed plenty of bad guys.
    Finally they made him upgrade to the Walther PPK 32 in case he was confronted by an enraged elephant. He carried it in a Burns-Martin triple draw holster which means it probably kept falling out, because that holster is made for revolvers and needs the cylinder to keep it in.

Still he killed plenty more bad guys.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Pea Shooter is better than nothing.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.