1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found a great sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hey guys. I just found a great website that might be of help to many of you trapshooters out there. I dont exactly know the ins and out of it but i just thought it was something interesting

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Do they need a resident Troll??

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Most trap shooters have insufficient cranial capacity to understand the writings of James Russell. HMB

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trap advice books written by a D-class 20-yarder whose main qualification consists of ready access to a publishing press?

Sign me up! (yawn) On second thought...I think I'll wait for one of his clinics.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Will there be a feature film ?

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Tusker, scroll about 2/5 down the linked thread, read what Russell advises, and illustrates, regarding foot position, and accept that he's never actually shot trap at all.

Neil

Try that "display deleted messages" option to see who turned tail . . .

8. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Actually guys i was just wondering your guys opinions, cause i sent this document to my cpa, and he said it work

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Neil,

Since I heard you once held some or another kind of official ATA position, I was wondering: what are we to make of the helpful "tip" Mr. Russell relates, number 11 in the second section "Shooting on the line" or such, that if doubt arises as to whether a target was broken or not, the squad leader is to (ahem) ask the scorekeeper to place a question mark (?) next to that box on the scoresheet?

Now I mean, really...if I were speaking musically, and in a charitable mood, I'd say he was "improvising" right there, wouldn't you? (If I were being my usual shitty self, I'd just say he was making it up as he went).

And then, there's his compelling section on the tax-deductibility of trapshooting (I'm not interested in avoiding taxes, however...there's no telling when God will again return to earth as a pro-tax Black community organizer, and I don't want to be on the wrong side of history when the saints go a-marching).

But, I try to keep it in perspective: O.J. Simpson was poised to make millions off a book telling how he hypothetically might have done it (with only court intervention standing betwixt), and somewhere, no doubt there is a Britney Spears parenting book making its way down the pipeline, towards the unloading point where a tattoo-assed sales clerk will stack and re-stack dozens of copies within easy reach of Starbucks-sipping shoppers looking for "that" book by Rachael Ray.

So...J.R. is a trapshooting expert. Why the hell not?

I mean, Britney doesn't even have her own printing press...

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Buzz-gun could collaborate with James Russell: Creative stream of consciousness writing about how to shoot trap....let's see, "the gun is your friend, may it point down range in a consistent fashion; often times, on the line, I felt it was the mere power of something deep and primal inside me that allowed my taking that perfect shot; a state of awareness and focus that I'm told all champions can attain on a basis so consistent with need that such a unique conditioning provokes thoughts of conversations with the Dahli Lahma himself...true knowledge obtained through a sight picture beautifully and consistently obtained as elequently and cleanly as the new driven snow."

Hey, can I get hired too?

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Chango,

With many long walks with Daro Lama - and access to a printing press - you too can know the way.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

For a minute there I thought someone had found a great "site".

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This is too funny....

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks buzz-gun. BTW, does the Daro Lama live near Sutherlin Oregon?

15. cls

cls Member

His writings on gun canting are beyond anything resembling intelligent thought. cls

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

One can't take technical writing lightly if one desires to write about canting. Some religous institutions take this topic so seriously that said relgious institutions hire a cantor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.