1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Found a 1972 newsletter: "Grouse Cover"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Porcupine, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I have come across a September 1972 grouse-hunting newsletter (one page, duplex) privately published out of Jeannette, Pennsylvania by one George E. King. The official name of the newsletter is: "Grouse Cover / Official Newsletter of the Ancient and Honorable Order of Brush Worn Partridge Hunters". The cost of membership in said Order and a year's subscription, $2.00.

This issue features grouse hunting "Early Reports" for Ohio, New York, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and West Virginia. The author (Mr. King) also writes creatively in this issue. It seems to me that Mr. King must have been a very passionate grouse hunter to have collected information like this from many sources and published it monthly to Lord knows how many subscribers; a proverbial labor of love. I, for one, would have been a subsciber in 1972, had I hunted back then.

Does anyone have any collections or recollections of this publication?

Happy Trails,

LA in MA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ancient and honorable order of brush worn partridge hunters
george king grouse news letters

grouse cover newsletter

grouse cover newsletter patch george king
grouse tales newsletter patch