1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fostoria State Moose Shoot

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by bgleownr, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

Fostoria Sportsmen's Club, Fostoria OH hosted Moose trap shooters on Saturday for the 25 th annual Moose trap shoot for charity

This year the lodge bought over $2000.00 dollars worth of special needs equipment for two local children from the New Riegel Moose Lodge

Trap shooters also gave over $300.00 for the "bait fund" at Moose Heart

Top shooters were Joel Brown with 97 for to gun
    Joe Wood high 16 yard winner---won in a shoot off
    Jeff Yount high H C winner won in a 5 man shoot off---his Dad Clair trained him to shoot

Shelby won the team trophy

Fostoria Moose Lodge & Fostoria Sportsmen's Club will host again in 2014

If your Ohio Moose Lodge is interested, please check out Moose web site next spring or contact me for more details

50 16 yard targets & 50 H C targets----Moose Lodge Must have 5 person squads--$50.00 per person entry fee---food, trophies, beer keg etc.

Clair

2. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

As always the Fostoria Moose and the Fostoria United Sportsmans Clubs did an excellent job putting this all together.The facilities looked great and I believe everyone in attendance thoroughly enjoyed themselves.Looking forward to next year.Joel Brown

3. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

TLT Thanks

4. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

If you are a Moose member & would like to shoot in the 2014 State Moose Shoot please contact me & then I can get you information

Clair

5. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

We usually have about 20 teams BUT this year due to the late planting season many farmers from the area Lodges were still in the fields----that was unusual for thiamine of the year in N W OHIO

Clair

6. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

The O H Moose has their own formula for H C yardage that they use----it is determined on the teams 16 yard target count

Also the Moose will only allow a shooter to win one trophy----this year Joel Brown choose the top gun over all trophy so could not be in the shoot offs for the 16 yard & H C trophy

That gives three men trophies----the Moose also dos he same for the women & youth if they have enough shooters

Clair

7. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

8. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

This year profits went to help two special needs children in our area
    Thanks to all donors & shooters
    This is a great charity event for trap shooters to be involved in & show people a very positive side to guns & shooting

Clair

9. bgleownr

bgleownr Member

The shooters also donated $400 to Moose haven bait fund so the people there can afford to go fishing--we do this ever ear & that is announced at the annual convention

This is my last posting

Clair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.