1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fossil Watches

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 686beretta, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Saw them online look like nice watches, anybody had any experience with them? Opinions????

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I see them as a common department store watch, but a buddy of mine swears he has been wearing the same one for 15 years with zero problems. I didn't even know they'd been around that long.

-Gary

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I own two of them one black and the other silver I had them for 2/3 years I really like them they are in the $100.00 range very heavy, I own Citizens and a TAG also.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I bought this Fossil back in Feb 1995. It was just under $100 and other than a few batteries has served it's purpose quite nicely. It's no Rolex but then again it was insanely priced either.
    grntitan_2009_2503281.jpg

5. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I highly recommend you take a look at the Invicta line of watches.

Try this link for a great-looking example:

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-0764-Collection-Black-Leather/dp/B004GVRRMI/ref=sr_1_26?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1321938610&sr=1-26

6. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

I got one of these 2 weeks ago (Seiko Men's Chronograph Silver Dial Stainless). With the discount I think it was just at $80.00

Hard to beat at that price. If the link does not work go to WorldofWatches.com

Jim

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?iq=1&bo_products_id=&bo_products_variance_id=106812&promotion_code=CBD1128311111106812&rid=google#

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

JMO--Watch The Ads For Big 5 Sporting Goods And When They Mark Down The Wenger Swiss Military Watch For Around 59.99 BUY IT!!!! Swiss Made And One Of The Best Watches Made. I Have Been Dealing In Watches Since I Was A Kid And These Are GREAT Watches. Other Good Affordable Brands Citzen-Pulsar- Seiko- Waltham(New York) Only (Swiss Made)Will Say New York In Small Letters On Face. But, WENGER For The Money & Will Last Years!!!!!! JMO Joe W.

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Joe90T is right about the Wenger line of watches. Shop Sam's club for good quality at good pricing.

9. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

I'd second pigkiller about Invictas, but the best prices I've found are at Sam's Club! They beat the online prices for the 2 I bought by over $40 each. One was just under $50, the other was about $65. Great looking watches, keep accurate time. Kind of heavy.

If you want a thin, light watch that looks great, also look at Skagens.

BUT... Fossil watches give you great bang for your buck. I had one for over 10 years that I wore almost every day. I bought it because my son had one I thought looked great, and he's still waering his from time to time.I finally quit wearing it when It got scuffed and scratched up, but it still kept time.

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

People still wear WATCHES now-of-days? Every time I hear someone ask for the time everybody pulls their cell phone LOL. Use to be a necessity now not really needed I guess.

Rock

Jim

11. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I recently bought the Seiko Solar gold tone Day-Date watch and like it very well. Paid $126.00 at a Seiko outlet store. I could have saved a little by getting it on line through Ebay but still happy. I would rather do business with a brick and mortar store. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.