1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Format

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Calkidd, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I have been a member of this forum for quite some time and have been around off and on. I am also a member of other forums that utilize a variety of formats.

I love this forum and the information that is contained with in it. But it is one of the most difficult forums to navigate. It seems to me that a "vBulletin" style would be so much better. This would benefit everyone members and vendors alike where you can specifically locate topics easily and choose to show recent threads that you have not viewed or have new post since your last visit. It would also benefit the vendors where they can have their own subsection to advertise their product and allow members to respond or ask questions. You can also have a similar subsection where clubs could post up their shoots. The possibilities are endless and would allow this forum to grow exponentially.

Granted I emailed the Admin and asked about this and I was told that the vendors prefer this style which I just don't understand how this is better for them. I mean no disrespect to the admin and their decision to continue with this style of forum. I am only asking for other members/vendors views and their thoughts.

Bryan

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

This topic has made many a fisherman rich beyond belief. Just jig it slowly...no need to horse em' in.

Regards and I do hope that you realize that this is a catch and release forum.

Happy fishing,

Tron

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Keep moving on down the bank, kid...this spot's taken.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

calkidd

Since you got a nibble from Tron and Buzz, I'll give you a real answer.

It was an old idea and it was tried once as an experiment. It went away. Wish some other things would before their terms are up.

5. Calkidd

First off theses guys are nothing so I'll let it pass I've dealt with tool sheds before. It was a simple and honest question so water under the bridge. I am not going any where any time soon.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

With an attitude like that ... you may be going away soon!

7. Calkidd

It wasn't me with attitude in the first place, but forum bullies are nothing new to me.

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Will somebody please invoke the OICU Boycott?

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Bryan,

A straight forward response to you question, also for all those who may read, This is by far the easiest, most responsive and best managed web site I have been on. I think the info that is exchanged on this site is excellent and the ease of access makes it all work. IMHO

JON

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Great idea. Now start your own discussion board and see how it does.

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We could have little pink heart backgrounds for posts about friends and family. Then if you didn't like little pink hearts, or you don't have any friends, you would know to skip it right away.

*snicker*

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

this is really the best forum format that I know of

fishing or not

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It is only human nature to be resistant to change. HMB

14. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

ohhhhh man, TRON and Buzz are toolsheds...........

Steve

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with Jon and Gene. No kicking sleeping dogs......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've been called a lot of things over the years....some of which I don't even think God has heard of, but "Toolshed" is definitely new on that list.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

For the record, I am on a half dowen of those forums with all the little pigeon holes for every possible division of the sport.

Dogs, Trucks, big game, small game, wives,, you name it. It's a PITA, and I am a big boy. I can tell by the heading if I want to read a post.

HM

18. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Guys I am active on about 6 different forums with topics from installing Cummins diesels in Jeeps they were never supposed to be put in, to Real Estate Mortgage Brokering and banking, where I was just at before coming here today.

THIS IS BY FAR THE EASIEST TO USE AND BEST RUN FORUM I PARTICIPATE IN, and by a significant margin. The Format is just fine and does not need to be changed in any way!

I can say just about anything I want on here language wise, and I respect that privilage greatly. I can't do that elsewhere.

Also where else can you talk about trapshooting, guns, reloading, selling guns and anything else you have in the garage, the ATA, politics, religion, Lindsey Lohan, Obama, and any other topic that comes to mind.

Don't change anything no matter what the nay sayers say!

Randy

19. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it! It ain't broke....

20. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Hey jcl, what about the guys that were here when Palmer started it? Before-David took it over? LOL.

Ajax

BTW, it's still the best site on the net!