1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fort Wayne Indiana Trap Shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blade819, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

There is a remote possibility that I may be returning to my Hoosier roots and relocate to Fort Wayne. Does anyone know of any gun clubs in the vicinity that shoots regulation trap?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived in Ft Wayne 45 years. St Joe Conservation club, probably the closest. There are a lot of them within 45 miles. st Joe really expanded. BIGDON goes there as well as Alf99 and some others

3. cubancigar2000

There are a lot of games clubs in that area. Albion is one that shoots Thursday eve I think. There are also a few in lower Michigan which is not far. Lot's of Calcuttas etc. Indiana gun club is about 100 miles away. Deer Creek, Fultn Co GC in Rochester...

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

tnx for the info

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Check out the Indiana Trapshooting Associtation's web site;

http://www.indianatrap.com/

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Southwest Conservation Club on Bluffton road. Trap and skeet shooting 2nd and last Sunday of the month all year long. Its been there since 1938. NOT ATA, but a lot of fun. See ya there, Wayne.

7. cubancigar2000

Wayne, does Billy Branstrator still shoot at SW. I used to shoot there and he & I lived acroos the street on Zollars back in the 50"s

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

blade819; Try St Joe, you will like it. Trap, skeet and 5 stand. If you are in the area 10/4 and 5th they are having their annual Memorial shoot and it would be a good time to meet shooters and see the facility. If anyone else is in the area please come and have a good time.

Don

9. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!!
    Deer Creek Conservation Club only has one more Wed. night practice shoot, and Oct. 4 is the last 1st Sat. of the month shoot. We will resume the trap schedule in April '09. The Wed. night shoots are practice and a couple-three games, and the 1st Sat. of the month are practice, a couple game shoots, 50 bird program, and then games after the program... FYI........ Deer Creek is in Jonesboro, Indiana, about 5-6 miles southeast of Marion. No Registered birds here. Hopefully someday again..........-powderburn

10. cubancigar2000

Hey Powderburn, I shot there a lot 15 years ago, lot's of bats to shoot under the lights too. It was a great club

11. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hey Cubancigar,
    Yes, it's a nice club with one of the best backgrounds in the state. I grew up about 2 mi. from there, and it's always been my home club. Used to stay out there on Sat. nights with my brother til 1 and 2am. and have alot of fond memories of that place. Won Central Ind. Zone shoot there when I was a kid. They went through some trap management troubles a few years back, but now are on the way to better days. I miss shooting there EVERY sat. like in years past, but who's to say maybe someday it could happen. I don't know. We always had pretty good registered turnouts, but all that world kind of fell away with the poor management years ago. And yes, the bats still swoop around those lights!! Wish I had the time and money to visit some of the other clubs up north. Have heard alot of good things about St. Joe.

12. fortwtlkqa

fortwtlkqa Member

I live in Fort Wayne and we've got a lot of clubs around.

Tuesday Kosko Gun Club in warsaw shoots, not sure of the time
    Wednesday Churubusco shoots, rougly 6pm-9ish
    Thursday Albion shoots 5-10 or so with games and a 50 bird calcutta, 15 teams last night.
    Albion also shoots the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
    Rochester shoots registered targets, not sure what days

Great guys at all 3 clubs.

Curt Kinsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata registered shoots near ft wayne in

ft wayne trap shooting

middletown gun club

skeet shooting fort wayne

trap shooting in fort wayne indiana

trapshooting