1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fort Bragg Follow Up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by MGeslock, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Important Announcement

The 2010 Krieghoff Masters has been moved to the Forest City Gun Club in Savannah, GA. No other details are available at this time. Please check back for updates...

http://ncskeet.com/

2. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

This post was just made on another forum at 8:06 am.

"According to Bill Batty, President NSSA, NO DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE regarding either Ft Bragg or Forrest City GC. It seems ncskeet may have jumped the gun. Neither club has signed a contract. It seems authorities at Bragg want to investigate everyone in attendence including the serial# of your shotgun(s).

Between the kook at Ft Hood and the undibomber in December and the party crashers at the WH and NSSA shooters, as a group we need to be investigated?"

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I can promise you NSSA will not sign a contract with the current regulations at Bragg. I hate it because of the active trap/skeet program held yearly at Bragg. It would be a great loss to NC and surrounding states.

4. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Ft. Rucker has required similar info for many years plus putting up with getting on the base. They have the Alabama state skeet shoot there periodically. Just wondering how many shooters are lost because of the percieved problems? Last year there were 45 shooters at the state shoot on Ft Rucker. The year before there were 63 shooters at another facility. I couldn't find data on past years.

5. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

I find it hard to believe that the authorities at Ft. Bragg want to "investigate" shooters using their facilities. #1 it is against Federal law for the military to perform intelligence gathering on U.S. citiezens inside the continental U.S.. That law has been on the books for many, many years. Why would they? There are so many databases out there with the same information available to authorities. Evertime you buy a firearm from a FFL, they have all the same information including ssn if you voluntary put it on the form. Insurance agencies if you insurance on your weapons have that information as well. I belong the local gun club on a millitary base and we have to supply serial numbers, etc. on the form to bring weapons on base. We know the regulations and if we want to use the MWR facility, then we provide it. If you don't want to supply the required information, then you cannot bring a weapon on base and use the range.
    Van

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Posse Comitatus...

The Miltary is prohibited from acted as law enforcement against the Citizens of the US... done after the Civil War...

But the Military can take some steps to protect its reservations... did the drive thru and the registration myself at Ft. Rucker in November... between the 4473s, FOID and Rucker... I'm sure I'm on someone's list, but at least I can fly when I want to...

But if you want to shoot, you'll have to make a decision on what you're willing to do... the point being, when they come for all our guns will you willing let them take them or actually fight to save them...

There are worse things than dying for freedom...

Jay

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Van, the contradiction about Ft. Bragg CTC is that it IS NOT inside the gates of Ft. Bragg and up until recently this intrusion was not required.

8. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Cy-Kick,

The facility may not be on Ft. Bragg proper but is part of the military reservation, under the control of the commander of Ft. Bragg. I have posted earlier that if the shooters have a problem with the post regulations, then they contact the base commander, air their complaints with him and inform him that this is something new, etc. But I would venture to say that those regs have been on the books for years and now being enforced. The commander has the authority to grant perhaps a temporary waiver for special events, etc or to have the Provost Marshall to perhaps look the other way..

Van

9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Three years ago Bragg loved the NSSA and the Masters. Two years ago, the Commanding General loved us so much they were discussing building another row of fields.

This year, whoever the Commander is either doesn't give a hoot about the range or all bases are being pushed post-Ft Hood.

Either way, its the Commanding General's complete right to exercise his perogatives as to access to any property of his base.

Me...I will exercise my perogatives also and will not shoot there and will strongly encourage NSSA to not spend a penny, of the $25K or more that we pay a facility to host the Master, to Bragg.

Ladies and Gentlemen - the Masters will be at Forest City Gun Club this year....my prediction.

Cheers

10. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Bragg was one of the large "clubs of the year" in NSSA for 2009. Strange how a few people in position at a base can screw things up.

First rule of thumb is NEVER depend on land for your club provided by government of ANY kind. Here is another PERFECT example.

2nd. Baron I'm only 2 hours from Bragg. Guess the wife and me will be traveling to Savannah. She loves that place. Don't mind a bit. Bragg will not compromise my belief's for one second or get another dime of my money until they decide to use common sense.

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Van said, "I have posted earlier that if the shooters have a problem with the post regulations, then they contact the base commander, air their complaints with him and inform him that this is something new, etc."

I'm not a skeeter, Van, but no that's not the way to approach this. The correct approach is to move the venue. Then send the message to the base commander that because of this intrusion into the privacy of US citizens, the venue was moved.

Don't pussy foot around with this crap. Target shotguns are no threat to the US, the military, or it's citizens.

It's just like the bullshit rule about not being able to park next to an airline terminal. If I wanted to blow up a bomb in a terminal, I'd just drive right through the glass doors. No amount of glass and no number of Barney Fife's could stop me.

Danny

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Idiots

If you guys think you are hurting Fort Bragg by boycoting you are bleeping idiots

If you want to air your concerns write a letter and ask for an explanation- I would suggest a group letter - if you want more power behind it- contact the NSSA and see if they will join in your request for an answer

I spent my time at Bragg- great place and home of the best soldiers in the world bar none

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Gene - nobody cares about hurting Ft Bragg....most of us don't actually care alot about Ft Bragg other than as patriotic Americans who support their uniformed services....none of which has a blasted thing to do with where NSSA pays to rent a facility for it's shoot.

Please don't show you ignorance any further...this is a business decision and not accepting the new access procedures seems to be supported by many of the members of the organization that's doing the buying.

End of story.

14. g7777777

Baron 23 you are an idiot-- and if you think Fort Bragg cares about your opinion-- you are an even bigger idiot

The stupidity talking about military installations- something you obviously know nothing about- particurally Fort Bragg

Baron23 - you arent even a pimple on the ass of the real heros that walk through the gates of Bragg every day.

regards from Iowa

Gene

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The only ones the military will listen too is elected officials in Washington. Seen it happen more than a few times on other "local" issues when I was in the service. Nothing like having a staffer for a senator or a congressman contacting the base.

16. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Gene, I think you owe Baron a apology. Personal insults are uncalled for especially in this case. I have had some interesting conversations tonight some very involved people at NSSA. As it stands the proper people at Bragg are not responding to calls or mails. I think the whole situation is in a state where few know whats going on on both sides. No decision has been made to move the Master's "YET".

Gene, we may be idiots. Idiots can show their displeasure with their feet and that is exactly what is going to happen. Bottom line the club must make a budget and adhere to it. Without public support that will not happen. My vote as a NSSA member is without them dropping the new rules to move on and forget about Bragg. In two years the FGCC will be shut down due to poor attendance and loss of ATA/NSSA events. I guess all the marbles are in the base commanders hand. We'll see how he plays them.

17. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I don't as a rule comment on the rude behavior I see on this site, but Gene you are completely out of line. No one has tried to brand you an idiot because of your opinion. You are entitled to your's as are all others. Because a person has an opposing view, it doesn't make him or her an idiot. You should rethink you method of expressing yours, lest others develop an unfavorable opinion of you. And as stated above an apology is in order. J.Woolsey ATA#0515114

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Take your game where ever but get off the Military's back. In case you havn't noticed we are at WAR and we have troops giving their lives, we have people trying to kill our citizens, we have officers killing our troops on base. Now you are all pissy because a base commander is tightening down on security. Why don't you man up and move your event for now and then come back when this situation changes.

You put your own self interest infront of the base Commander's decision, and you don't know why he made it and you aren't deserving of a explanation. Sounds a little whiny pissy to me.

Don

19. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Don, what would do if the State of Illinois, decided to make gun registration a requirement to shoot at their property in Sparta? What would you do if all municipal,state & county owned facilities followed suit? I have a personal friend who is a retired Lt. Gen. From what I gather from him is once you get to be O-6 and above, you morph into being more & more of a politician. Just remember Gen. Westmoreland.

Phil Berkowitz

20. g7777777

There is a lack of reality and sense of entitlement that pervade this country--

We could work on that by packing all of you whiners up- and moving you to a firebase in a war zone-- then you can talk about your "rights" and start writing to your senator--- right now all you have to do is sleep in your bed at home each night and live off the accumulated national wealth of America.

Potosky well if you were in the service and if you called your congressman or senator every time you didnt like something---- I already have a picture of you.

Woolsey I stand by my comments and idiot is kind expression compared to what some of these people deserve to be called

cbxchris you say idiots can show their displeasure with their feet? Well what about Russia or India or one of the war zones--- when is your departure party going to be? I would like to wave goodbye when I know you are on your way.

Maybe you all pay your share of taxes and maybe you don’t but if you think this entitles you to put your little games on top of the military's priority list you are nothing but idiots at the best.

Military officers are Politicians? This is war time. That is just a plain stupid position and to allude to the fact that the Commander of Fort Bragg is doing anything but his duty isn’t whining-- its flat out cowardice to sleep in your bed safe and sound while these young men and women protect your life and you sit back and say things like that.

You people complaining about the military leadership here really bring a bad name to all shooters everywhere.

Some outsiders might think the rest of us are ungrateful as you all are. You should be ashamed of yourself and your like---- but of course you aren’t--- you live in a country of entitlement

Oh- stating that military officials want to investigate you-- that is way beyond idiotic--

Here is what I suggest-- I would suggest that all you whiners and conspiracy theory people that posted on either thread-- that you delete your posts before others get an idea of what you are really like-- but if you think its your "right" to complain about the military and do it from the safety of your own home-- feel free--- its also the "right" of the rest of us to form opinions of you

I also suggest if any of you dont realize that the easiest way to deal with all you whiners is to prevent everyone except active duty from participating in any MWR activity- well I suggest you see your doctor because you have dementia. I dont mean only at Fort Bragg--- I mean everywhere--- keep pushing and thats what is going to happen--- and it will happen because you arent worth the trouble as a group for dealing with this. In other words- a few of you rotten apples are going to ruin the bunch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.