1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fort Bragg Clay Target Center Regulation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This info is from ncskeet.com

Since ATA shoots are also held at this facility--everyone planning to shoot here should be aware of this regulation

FBCTC has started enforcing firearm registration regulations. Shooters using the CTC are now required to give their name & the serial number of any gun(s) brought to the center-not the guns make or model-is required. Guns will remain in the shooter's possession & will not be locked up by the center.

The following poll is also available.

What do the enforced regulations of the FBCTC mean to you?

A)I don't mind providing my gun's serial # when I shoot at FBCTC.

B)I don't like providing serial#'s but I will do it.

C) I refuse to provide serial #'s & I will not shoot at FBCTC.

Please go to NCSKEET.COM & make your opinion count.

Being a person of Jewish heritage, I am strictly opposed to any form of gun registration, especially by an entity with links to any national gov't.

Phil Berkowitz

2. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Phil:

Its not just any government its ours and I would ask why are they doing it. They know already exactly who you and I are and where we live as we were both in the Military and had clearances. Maybe if I shot a really nice shotgun like yours it might make a difference. Thay can have my off the rack Browning I want a K-80 anyway. :). See you at the next shoot.

Martin

3. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

I agree with Phil 100%. I shoot bunker trap and am very reluctant to go to Ft. Benning matches for the same reason. I will go there for the great stuff that goes along with Olympic Trap; friends, comeraderie, great people, fun times and the tremendous challenge of the game, but I really hate turning in that list of guns. None of these rules will do anything to prevent crime or stop a terrorist. They are no more than "feel good" steps taken by PC government that won't take the right steps to accomplish what they want. Most, if not all match directors know all the participants. Ft. Carson gate guards have lists of those who are supposed to be there. If you're not on the list, you don't get in. All others should be "profiled" for their intentions. Back in the 60's, we had a great gun club at Ft. Knox. Some non-military idiot broke in and stole a shotgun. He then used it in a robbery in Louisville. The Commanding Generals' solution was to shut down the gun club.
    Paul Bobby

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

When I recently visited Ft. Rucker, I was informed I had to register all firearms I brought onto the reservation with the Provost Marshal. When I asked if this policy was added in the wake of Ft. Bragg, I was told it had been in place for some time, after 9/11.

I waited maybe 5-10 minutes so they could run a background check (presumably on me and to see if any firearms were stolen). Its an issue for some, but I wanted to shoot there, so I did it...

regards all,

Jay (Jew too or is that number two?!)

5. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

NO, #2. If you're implying I might be a Jew, I'm not, but I remember history and can't imagine any Jew being in favor of any kind of gun control. Read "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. That will open your eyes. Paul Bobby

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Please go to ncskeet.com and cast your vote. I would hate to be a shooter who drove several hours to FBCTC and when he or she was told they must register their guns; turn around and go home. This PC nonsense is nothing but bureaucratic BS.

Phil Berkowitz

7. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Several went down today to bragg. They also require your social security number. The state winter skeet shoot is being moved to Durham to get out of this mess. I wonder how the Krieghoff Master's will go down now that this BS has started. They can stick it as far as I'm concerned...

8. spitter

PB... it was in regards to Phil's comment in his post...

Jay

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Have any of you thought that it might be because of Dr Shrink who shot up the base? The second choice would be Obama. 911 is just an excuse.

10. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I simply will no longer use the Ft. Bragg facility. I must agree with Phil on this, no way.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Widowmaker- I'll see you at the next shoot @ Buckhorn, but my days of attending shoots at Ft. Bragg are over.--There is an Italian movie "Three Days of Naples", it should be required viewing for every person who believes or questions the reason to uphold the second amendment. This is the only real battle the Italians won in WWII. An armed civilian population chased the nazi's out of their city.

Phil Berkowitz

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My mistake--the title of the movie was "Four days in Naples"---made in 1962, a must see. Warning it is in Italian & subtitles. The NRA should make it available on DVD.

Phil Berkowitz

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

What is hard to understand is that the CTC is not inside the gates of Ft Bragg. I would refuse the giving of my SS#. Who has control of this info? Who has access to this info?

The Privacy Act of 1974 requires all government agencies — federal, state and local — that request SSNs to provide a "disclosure" statement on the form. The statement explains whether you are required to provide your SSN or if it’s optional, how the SSN will be used, and under what statutory or other authority the number is requested (5 USC 552a, note). The U.S. Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) provides guidance and oversight regarding the Privacy Act of 1974. The text of the Privacy Act can be found at the Web site http://www.usdoj.gov/opcl/privstat.htm.

The Privacy Act states that you cannot be denied a government benefit or service if you refuse to disclose your SSN unless the disclosure is required by federal law, or the disclosure is to an agency that has been using SSNs before January 1975, when the Privacy Act went into effect. There are other exceptions as well. Read the Code of Federal Regulations section here: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2008/julqtr/28cfr16.53.htm

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys.... Aren't we a little paranoid here. This is nothing new. I recall that when I was in the Army nearly 40 years ago all personal weapons on post had to be registered with the Provost Marshall. All this is doing is extending this to visitors. I commoningly do this at Ft. Benning and its part of the vehicle registration. You must supply two copies of the form. One for you to show if you are stopped and one for the PM.

Its no big deal.

Tom

15. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...ditto on John Ross. The book is expensive now though...

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm retired military. 40 years ago was a different era. I have absolutely no trust in the current administration. Vote !!!!!

Will the regulation be enforced as of the 1/31 shoot?

Phil Berkowitz

17. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Tbaber, no I don't believe so. It's not on post so no vehicle registeration is required, We are not in the Army. It is an open to the public facility, ran by the MWR. I've been using the facility for six years and this just came up in the last two weeks. I would say it's something new and disturbing.

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Army changed from an open to a closed post following 911. At Ft Benning you are required to stop and get a pass and go through security prior to going to the range.

19. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Read the above, It is not on post several miles from it. Ft Bragg is in Fayetteville, NC. FBCTC is in Spring Lake A few miles off of Post no guards no military presence. As I said above, it is an open to the public facility. Gates wide open during business hrs. Civilian employees, Not on post!

20. spitter

Not to amplify the discussion, but who owns/controls the property?! If its not the post, I don't see how they can require this mandate...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.