1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forster bullet puller

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience pulling bullets on loaded centerfire ammo using the Forster bullet puller? If so, can I pull the bullets using this method without damaging or "marring" the bullets?! Or, do you have a better method or tool to do this job? Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm unfamiliar with the Forster so can't comment. But, I also use the RCBS with fine success. Mine was used often in the last century and never lost a bullet, powder, primer, or case; everything was cherry after use.....Bob Dodd

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hammer type units are fine if you only have a few, but they are a PITA when you have to do more than a dozen.

I have a collet type, fits in the press like a die, and works fine. Mine has a T handle to tighen, the one with the cam lock lever is better.

HM

4. tcr1146

Halfmile! What about the guys' comments saying the collet style mars the bullet?! Tom Rhoads

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would hesitate to believe that. Unless they are cannelured and crimped in, they should slide right out.

I must have taken at least a few hundred apart in the last few months, and never once was a bullet unusable or even visibly marked. the collet grips the bullet all around the circumference. There are 2 inserts for mine, one for larger bullets.

Hammer if you must. I have both and use the collet if there are more than 6 to do.

HM

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Tom I have two hammer pullers One is kind of old and well used that you can have .

7. tcr1146

Jim,

I have one of the hammer style but regardless of how careful I am, the lead tip or even the fancy tip on the Ballistic tips get deformed! I may insert a piece of foam in it and try again! Like Halfmile says though, it is no fun to pull a bunch with the damn thing! Tom Rhoads

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I to use a kinetic hammer I have put a link to the Dillon puller I have a RCBS it is about 20 years old works fine.

I never loaded many rifle casing but I loaded a couple tons of 45s and I used lead pullets never had one I couldn't use again.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

forster bullet puller