1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Form For dating Daughter Grand Daughter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by M R Ducks, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I love these things. I'm sure sons' get the same type of questions before they go to pick up a date.

2. wanderer

wanderer Member

Very good, but a lot of work. Sure glad I didn't have a daughter! GEG.

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I fully understand. I raised two daughters and both are better people than I am and married better than their mom. I will never forget the first date of the older daughter. I knew and approved the deal and the boy DID BLOW THE HORN. I asked her to have him come see me and she smiled knowing full well what was about to happen---and it did. They were home early and he never came back. I will not tell you what I said but it was about what was listed above. I saw his mother a few days later and told her what happened and said that since she did not raise him to be in the company of young ladies I gave him a free refresher course on alot more than just horn blowing. I also emphasized that this not only applied to my daughter but to any young lady that she knew. His mom laughed and said it was Ok by her (I didn't care if it was or not). That was twenty plus years ago and I still see him from time to time and he is a nice young man---just with another young lady!
    Old Dad

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, I have a 5 year old daughter. And anyone that shoots in Alaska has met her and will tell you that I am sooooooo screwed when she grows up. Add that with the adage that your daughter is destined to meet a boy just like YOU were at that age...I'm doubly screwed.

However, my father has given a piece of advice that I find to be somewhat comforting. Not to be crass, he said "they all find out what the slot between their legs is for sooner or later."

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jeff,

I think it's the "sooner" aspect of that, which this post is attempting to address!

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well my daughter was a fairly decent trap shooter and her expertise was well known among sorority girls and franternity boys. Also, it didn't hurt that daddy ran the juvenile halls and probation camps. She commnaded respect and got it on dates. Of course, the K9 Rottweiler accompanied her... actually by the time she was dating the German Shepherd went along... both dogs were very protective of their little girl. Even to this day, the standard poodle has an attitude about the current boy friend... trust your dogs judgement! Fred

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to admit, sad to say, I don't have a daughter.

But my brother had one and he watched her and her boyfriends like a hawk. He didn't want anyone tampering with his little girl. He was overly protective of her and I'm sure ruined it for her to have any normal dating.

And then there is my cousin who had 3 boys and a girl, so I asked him if it was going to bother him when his little girl grew up and started going out with the boys.

He said it wouldn't bother him, as he knew that one half of this world is made to make love to the other half.

I thought he had a very good outlook on life.

It's just a fact of life.

Like someone said, just hope they paid attention to what you were teaching them, and apply it when they grow up.

Good luck everyone!

Hauxfan!

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Excellent, i have a hunting partner that has hunted big game for thirty plu years his house id full of all types of mounts. When his daughters were in their teenage years he had one spot open between two mounts, porspective dates for his daughter would be show the opening and told it was reserved for them!

9. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

jeff p... ditto here, except the oldest is 3 1/2. second child (daughter) is 4 months. wife wants to have another child in about 3 years. Given my luck......

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

This is hilarious! Fortunately, I have yet to experience anything like this. Though, my current girlfriend's father might be a difficult one to get on the right side of. Hope all goes well!

On a side note, my cousin's dad and brother asked me to borrow my shotgun to clean while my cousin's boyfriend came over for the first time. I thought this was hilarious, especially since he was a good friend of mine and heard plenty of stories. All in all, I got a free shotgun cleaning!
    -Trappy

11. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

How come you older guys aren't telling any stories of your women's dad's talking to you? We've all been there, some of us handle it better than others. If you were one of the ones that didn't handle it very well, you're probably one of the more paranoid ones. A few years ago I went out with a girl that was an only daughter and her dad was trying to be quite intimidating about being in the military, shooting, etc. I happened to have my average card in my wallet, showed it to him, and then gave him my dad's number, told him they could exchange old Army stories sometime. The girl told me "Daddy doesn't like you very much" and he was one frustrated man. I lived, she was treated well, so who cares? Not this kid...

12. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

No need for a form in my house when you had an Olympic Trapshooter for a dad. The unsuspecting suitors would arrive at our home to my father lifting his shotgun and swinging it at imaginary targets. He wouldn't even acknowledge their presence when they would say "Hello Mr. Little." Instead, he would rudely continue his evening routine of shooting imaginary targets much to the dismay of the young men in attempt of courtship. Needless to say I was always home before curfew and didn't have to worry about anyone attempting to make a pass at me. True story. Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.