1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forfeits

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

In the Missouri shoot, why did so many good (non-category) shooters forfeit in the finals?

Bob

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Thanks. There was some mention on the named MH thread, too.

I didn't know whether the options played (or not played) had anything to do with it.

I didn't figure 'target management' had much to do with it, or 'protecting an average', but there were a lot of names I didn't recognise, either.

Bob

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Goat -

I don't think those things would have anything to do with it. Options are based on event score, not shoot-offs (added money goes with a trophy, but I'm not aware of any options that use shoot-off targets). Wouldn't be target management, as those targets aren't registered and don't count toward your target count or average.

Mostly I think it's just someone who couldn't stay, had something better to do, wasn't worried about getting something other than the champion trophy, things like that.

Scott

4. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Thanks, Scott. Yeah, it's not like Leo & Kay.O haven't both: seen the winner's circle and dropped a few birds too.

Makes sense, but with all the periodic yammering about handicap games, sandbaggers, KY shooters, managing targets ... and seeing a bunch of 'names' dropping from what is a good-money shoot, I thought I'd ask.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.