1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forest Lake Sportsmens Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by funclays, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funclays

funclays Member

I would like to know if anybody has any info about this club in MN. I have two teams that would like to shoot trap leagues. I have heard that they increased their pices to $9.50 per round and are getting a new manager. Thanks
    Dave Kinghill

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

$9.50 a round! I would not be shooting league there. Do they include shells for that? Jon

3. potatodigger1

potatodigger1 Member

i remember it being $8.00 a round last summer, even at $9.50 still a couple bucks cheaper than a certain club a little bit south and west of there. i wish i lived where it was $4 or so a round like alot of the guys on here. i looked at their website, and didn't find any pricing info, all you could do is try and email the manager and see where that gets you.

matt

4. funclays

funclays Member

Has anyone shot leauges there is it a good place to shot. Do they change managers offen? That could be trouble I'll bet

Dave

5. Stl Flyn

Man, they have to start selling beer or something to make more money. It would probably bring in more shooters. We pay $5 a round here but the bar brings in $1400 a night also. 42 six man teams shoot league were I shoot. $1 beers on holiday weeks and $1.50 regular, and $2.75 top shelf mixers at our club. Good time. Everyone knows each other and there is alot of trash talk among the competition.

6. mnhomebrewer

mnhomebrewer TS Member

The last time I shot there was 9 yrs or more ago. Very nice people that were willing to help and teach me the rules of trapshooting. So I have no Ill will towards them or the club. Actually cut my teeth there sort of speak. However I have become smarter and moved my aligences elsewhere to Hudson. They are great people and a round with membership costs me $5. Worth it from where I live.

7. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

The Osceola Rod and Gun Club is just across the river. We are open every Sunday through April. Then, we have summer league starting in May. In the summer we are open on Fridays, Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We have over 30 teams each summer. The membership is $40, trap rounds are $4.50 (11 for $45) and beer is $2. It's a good club with a lot of good people.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Some clubs have higher fixed expenses and often pay managers to run the clubs, have higher taxes, etc. I belong to a $4 a round club near my home and the $11 club. Both have their advantages, but I can tell you that going to the $11 club is as easy as it gets. Every thing is done for you and all you have to do is show up and shoot. The $11 price is walk in and they have numerous other plans whereby you pay considerably less. I pay about $5.50 a round because I am a member and buy 50 rounds at a time. We pay a manager and an assistant manager, and of course the trap help of which we have adequate scorekeepers to keep things the way they ought to be. So, Forest Lake has its own set of costs to account for.

9. Stl Flyn

Pricing in general must be higher in your area. Our club, West Bend/Barton, is a membership club with many different ranges offered. Only thing they do not have is skeet. The leagues are $5.00 a round for everyone, including members. That covers the trap kids, awards, trophies, and shooting. Anyone off the street can shoot leagues. You do not have any advantage being a member as far as leagues go. You do get a discount on practice rounds. $3.00 a round for practice. Non-members $5.00. The only guy that gets paid is a retired gentleman that maintains the grounds and club house on a daily basis. All other help is by members. All you do is show up also. Like I said before the beer and drinks are cheap, so there are alot of people that hang around afterwards, to add more income to the club. Jon

10. funclays

funclays Member

How come WS can throw targets cheaper than MN and still have low prices on beer? How much does it cost to shoot at Beaverbrook? Nothing on the web site

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.