1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forest Green Double Automatic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I do one of these threads from time to time after talking to people at the club. I am always amazed that even most grey beards don't know about the Browning Double Automatic. It is a wonderful shotgun and best suited for the uplands IMO. My favorite is the Forest Green DA. I am looking for a gently used, greatly loved example for my Nephew and I to carry in the field for rabbits and birds. I talked with a shooter tonight and he knows where a green one is at but not for sale. Doug Allison

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I had never seen a DA until a couple of years ago and was looking at it and asked on here about them and Doug told me to buy it. I did and I love shooting it. It is fixed skeet choke and the first time I shot it I shot a 96 out of 100. I would love to have a Forest Green to go with my DA. It just feels good and is easy to shoot. Jackie B.

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

The twenty weight feels even better. I have a new unfired skeet twenty weight in the box. Haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on it. It is the black receiver and I don't think they made the twenty weight in other colors.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

esetter, some say there are Brown 20wts. I'll have to see it to believe it. I too have an unfired 20wt without the box. My Nephew thinks we should hunt with it. I think we will have to look for another one to use. They 20wt weighs just over 6 lbs. A true joy to carry all day and shoot now and then.
    Doug Allison

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

The DA was made from 1955 to 1971 with only about 65,000 units total. The Forest Green and the Autumn Brown had to be done in very small numbers.
    Doug Allison

IMG_17132.jpg

IMG_17132.jpg

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

7. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

Doug, I have one of the "few" Brown twentyweights. Just got it from a friend. It is not a faded out black either as I pulled the stock and the brown is the same all over. I think some of the colors varied from batch to batch anyways on the non black or grey guns, heck a couple of the greys I have seen are different. Good luck on the search for your green DA. I shot a friends green twelvette and I think the color makes them shoot better.LOL.
    Andrew

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

FYI

I formerly performed warranty service and repair for Browning. I never saw one of these in the shop, and we covered a pretty big area.

That should say something.

Go hunt with them. They are among the best field guns ever made, a joy to carry and to hunt with.

9. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I like the saftey

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Nice......

wayneo_2008_0303.jpg

11. valley1

valley1 TS Member

Jaquas has a forest green one for sale it is listed under field guns.

12. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

That is the funkiest looking safety I have ever seen...

13. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Can't find the Jacqua's Double Auto...

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this picture was "Mallard Duck". And not as a joke, but as a compliment.

15. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Brian, not my game or gun, but I get what you are saying.
    Doug Allison
    jhjsgreenDA.jpg

16. skeetking

skeetking Banned User Banned

Jaquas item number for the Twelvette is 122087. My Dad won one of these, back in '65 or '66. He won it at the Grand Prairie Gun Club annual meeting, and proceeded to drop it on the floor and broke the stock as he was making his way back to his seat. It took months to get it back from Browning with the new stock. I shot it many times on the skeet field. It's a pretty cool shotgun; but kicked like a mule. I don't remember what happened to it. The late great Bill Jordan did his trick handgun shooting show right after that. I think I was 15 or 16 at the time. Larry

17. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

skeetking, my guess is that the average hunter in the late 1950's didn't want a green shotgun. Your story put me in mind of a similar situation at our local club. The owner of the LGS was naturally very active at the Conservation club. He couldn't sell the Green Double Auto that he ordered in for the shop, so he have the club a great deal and they put it on a raffle. I had heard this story, and it was confirmed by our local weekly papaer in their down memory lane section. I know where this green DA is at, but it is not for sale. Doug Allison

CCC12etgiveaway.jpg

18. blaster

blaster Member

I have a siver one with a rib that is hollowed down the middle.

19. skeetking

skeetking Banned User Banned

Doug,

Very interesting. It was the same with the DA that my Dad got. Once again I don't remember who donated it.

Larry
    PS: My first post had the wrong item number on it; so I did an edit with correct number now shown.

20. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Is the B2000 anything like the double auto? If not what makes them different?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning double auto forest green for sale
browning double automatic colors
browning double automatic colors made

browning double automatics for sale

browning twenty weight autumn brown
green browning double automatics
green browning twelvete

looking for a browning double auto with forest green receiver