1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forearm repair

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Montep, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montep

Montep TS Member

Looked at a Krieghoff 32 today and saw a hairline crack in the forarm on both sides by the receiver running lengthwise. About 1/4 inch long. How big a deal would this be and is it a easy fix? Any ideas? Price was right on it but the crack scares me.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Go to this web site , They do great repairs.

3. JLW

JLW TS Member

How badly oil filled is the wood? The ability of any patch material to "hold" will be limited by oil migration.

I have had good luck by gouging a line perpindicular to the crack on the inside, laying a small diameter brass screw in the gouge and filling with epoxy. Too, you can lay a layer of thin fiberglass cloth over the crack and coating it with epoxy.-Jerald

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about a 1/4 inch long crack unless it starts to grow. HMB

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

A proper cosmetically invisible repair is possible but the stock will need to be refinished I charge around $100-150 for a forend repair and refinish. $250 total with a complete refinish butstock and forend.
    Joe Goldberg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.