1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forearm locking mechanism on a Winchester 101 trap

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jmunsell, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

I should of know better to buy a used gun and I bought it off here but as it is the forearm locking mechanism on this Winchester 101 diamond grade trap is worn to the point where the forearm pops off very easy even when you shoot can this be fixed? It looks like on the barrel side it is rounded just a little and it's possible even the forearm lever is worn. Where can I get parts for this?

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

"Nu-Line Guns" should have them.

Ajax

3. jmunsell

Yeah I emailed them and they didn't have it. I called all around today and no one had it. I may have to have it welded and filed down to make it work. It also may be the spring steel that holds it closed is week. I can put my finger on it and apply a very small amount of pressure and it holds.

4. beaker100

beaker100 Member

give me a call i might have what you need. doug hubbart gunsmith (573)286-9905

5. jmunsell

Upon inspecting this thoroughly I can see the hook on the barrel is dubbed off just slightly could this be the problem. I mean like 1/16" of it. I don't see anything really wrong with the forearm latch. When I get home I will post a pic of it.

6. jmunsell

OK one more time. I pulled the forearm latch mechanism off and put the forearm on the gun then lined up the forearm latch with the stock and you can see the barrel latch and forearm latch barely catch each other. Just by the tips. Stock is tight to the gun everywhere.If you put the forearm latch, removed from the forearm, to the barrel latch you can't pull them apart. Almost like it's the wrong forearm.I should sit back 1/8" further.

7. jmunsell

Little more info. It looks like the hook on the barrel has shifted back about 1/8" is that possible? It is worn on the back where it has been hitting the inside forarm plate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.