1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forearm cracked and nees fixed anyone know how?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tim_meissen, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim_meissen

tim_meissen TS Member

I own a Franchi 2005 trap combination shotgun and of course like everyone else that owns one the forarm split in two. This was a big problem for these guns and I was just wondering if anyone knew a gunsmith or wood worker who is either good at fixing the forearm or could make a replacement replica one to fit the gun. I have all the foream metal and all the wood it just split right down the middle and thats it. So if anyone could let me know I would appreciate it.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I would think Wenig could duplicate your forearm. www.wenig.com.

Eric

3. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi There,
    You could contact Frank Vallone at Sycamore Hills Design in Victor NY. They do alot of repairs/refurbs/ etc. They specialize in Ithaca, but do them all. Frank is very nice to deal with and talk to. Look them up on the web. Good luck to you. -powderburn

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You could try fixing it yourself, use a liberal amount of wood glue in the split and hold the split together. Wipe off excesse glue and let stand after 24 hrs the area that is glued will be stronger than the wood itself.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had a beretta 303 forearm that split in two also. I used Gorilla glue and it is good as new. It does swell so it may ooze on you, be careful. They make a clear one

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Follow the direction for the Gorilla Glue and it works great. I don't know how thick your thickest part the forend is but, maybe you could dowl pin it, also brass or steel dowl pin it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.