1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Foream keeps getting loose on 870 trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I have an 870TC one of the 90 models with the long forearm, After every 100 shells or so I notice the forearm has more wiggle to it and sure enough I have to tighten the band on the inside of it to tighten it is there anyway to stop this from happening?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Blue loctite or teflon tape.

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

+1 for blue Loctite.

Ed Ward

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If you don't have a dedicated forend wrench to properly tighten that collar, get one from Brownell's

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

An industrial "O" ring seal will usually work.

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Opps! after looking at the thread I am thinking you meant the forearm lock ring and not the barrel lug cap(new models don't have the ball lock). If that is the case I agree with the teflon tape. The ring is hard to tighten due to being recessed. Remington makes a tool for it but I had a machine shop build one for me.

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Buddy of mine made this. If you'd like one, I can see if he'll make another for you. What's a fair price? Not trying to rip people off, it's just an opportunity to help a fellow shooter. Why not keep our business 'in the family'?

[​IMG]

8. Codebrown

Codebrown TS Member

I have a proper forend wrench, but a buddy of mine carefully uses the "claw" portion of a hammer, and that works just fine . . . I suppose you may or may not have an appropriately dimensioned hammer. I think about 30 seconds on the bench grinder would remedy that in MOST garages . . . !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.