1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fore End Support Rem.1100 Classic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JJJ, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I know I have printed the instructions on how to replace a broken fore end support from this site. I have found the excellent pictures,etc on the 1100,but somehow I can't find the instructions on replacing a broken fore arm support on the Classic 1100. I tried searching this site,but my ability to search is no better than my filing system. I am shooting tomorrow at Synapuxent & need help. Thanks in advance & I apologize for taking up your time by rehashing this.
    Joe Jordan

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I assume you're talking about the sheet metal piece that straddles the action bars.

You have to remove the barrel and take the action sleeve/action bar/bolt assembly off the gun. I'll assume you know how to do this.

The sheet metal barrel support then is gently pried off to the side, by getting a small flat screwdriver under the lip and levering it off the action bar.

The new one simply snaps back in place. Get one side on, and gently lever the other side so it slips over the action bar.

Reassemble.

3. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Brian: All of your assumptions are correct. Thanks for the help.
    Joe Jordan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.