1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fore end grip change

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

For the last 3 weeks I started placing my left hand on the extreme end of the fore end. I place my middle & index fingers over the fore end release button. The results have been amazing for me. Swing is much smoother. Better control. And the scores are very consistant.

Now the questions; Does this mean I should have had a barrel weight? And does this extended grip diminish arm swinging?

My Infinity swings very fast, in the past I would sometimes swing past the target.

Thanx--Phil Berkowitz

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The grip you describe makes it more difficult to push the gun around with your arms so it has the effect of smoothening your swing.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

Once you mount the gun, and call pull, the only thing that is moving or rotating should be your hips. Your arms should not be swinging or changing the mounted position. That causes a fast swing. Holding out on the forearm slows your arm movement. Thus the better shooting. Try not to move the arms at all. Your shoulders and arms should all move as one movment. That gives you the smoothest swing possible. Don't jump at the target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.