1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford's Brazilian plant... A video

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by W.P.T., Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think they should go to Brazil and get their bailout money also, and thats the way it should be for any and all of them that send their plants elsewhere ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pczGghB8MKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pczGghB8MKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="261"></embed></object>

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

The UAW and their Big 3 employers have taken a great deal of heat since talk of Big 3 bailouts began. In the past few days there's been a ton of discussion about all the concessions made by the UAW. There's been another ton of discussion about all the bright decisions and products introduced by Big 3 management.

It isn't my intent to pile on but its all a bit like someone that has smoked three packs of Camels for thirty years and quit yesterday. Congrats on quitting but you'll live with (or die from) the detrimental effects for the forseeable future.

The bottom line is this:

Ford F series and GM pickups are the #1 and 2 selling vehicles in the states. They're followed by the Camry, Accord, Corolla, and Nissan. At sixth or seventh, the Impala is the FIRST U.S. produced car on the list.

Ultimately, its all about choices. Producers made their's, the UAW made their's, and consumers have made their's. Years ago, some significant percentage of U.S. consumers would purchase inferior products at premium prices because they were built in the states with U.S. labor. Them days is long gone.

sissy

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Ford makes some excellent products, but like GM, they are saddled with too high union labor costs. My solution is that the Big 3 implement a pension buyout for retirees, file bankruptcy, restart under non union labor, get the same tax relief that Toyota, Honda, BMW, and Nissan got a few years back. Unless they rid themselves of the pension burden and high union wages, they are toast.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Big 3 created the situation they are in, let them figure a way out of it or go under as in "out of business" ... Who cares because some outfit will come and buy them out at $.50 on the dollar and they will be back in business without missing a step ... The Big 3 better consentrate on "Quality, reliability, and customer service" if they want to stay around, if not they can continue on the road to no where like many other big business's have done ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. M-16

M-16 TS Member

The wages are not the biggest problem it is flexiblity of the workers and the union stops it. All of them need to chapter 13 and start over without some of the coruption. all are to blame including our goverment by setting the rule they have to live buy

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The Big-Three have been in business for how long now? Not until Congress handed 100 billion plus to the banking industry without any strings attached did they jet down to Washington with their hands out. No plans from any of them, just a gimmee sum too. I don't believe for a nano second the workers took all the profit these company's made over all those years!! For this "one world government", one world economy to work as planned, planned for a long time now, there's no room for collective bargaining as in the past. The real trick is how to dupe all of us into buying all their BS excuses and have the tax payers pay the bulk of re-structuring prior to them declaring bankruptcy. That act will nullify the Big Three's trough feed and the big UAW pension plans pretty quick. They will ask for more billions down the road here very shortly too! Vaseline on sale? Hap

8. Fox32

Fox32 Member

UNIONFACTS.COM That says it all....

9. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Thats sad but it mite help if the people in question could speak english. It's a shame greed has corupted unions, ceo's, and our goverment

10. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

WPT: Did you recognize any of those models being built in Brazil as ones you have seen here in the states? I didn't. Now then I recently retired from Jeep in toledo and our plants their look an awful lot like the one in Brazil. Back in 83 when we started building the Cherokee we had many of those same type of robots along with some that were hydraulic which were relaced a few years after with all DC drive type robots. Yes there were floor fixtures like the ones in the video, some times it is needed to make sub assemblies with workers using hanging spotweld tooling. Now then the supplier park in Toledo for the current Wrangler uses a vendor to assemble chassis, make the painted body, mount tires on the wheels, a vendor assembles the front end/front clip, a vendor makes the seats. All of these parts are sequenced to the line and Jeep workrers do the rest. I might add that all the above jobs were formerly done by Jeep workers in the old plant and those jobs went away! The bodies are bolted to the chassis in an automated cell, many of the heavier power tools are mounted on articulated arms to reduce the strain and fatigue of the workers. Things like the seats, rear glass for the hardtop, the hardtop to the vehicle and the softop to the vehicle the tires etc. are handled by articulating arms also. Yes I wish that all the Ford products sold in South America and Central Amaerica were made in the USA but just like the Japs and Koreans many of those countries have laws that make it very near impossible to sell American made cars in those countries. Not too fair is it?

12. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

South of the equator GM and Ford prosper, the American people are finally getting smart and spending their money on cars that give them the most bang for the buck ... Speaking of Jeep, my neighbor bought a new Jeep Cherokee and never made it home with the thing because the transmission went out (2.5 miles) ... Whats with that and talk about "Quality", thats the problem with the US auto makers, they have none ... The US auto makers want the public to bail them out so they can continue to make the same crap they been selling for decades, in other countrys ... They push the "Made in America" to the limits and none of them really are any more ... I gave up on the American auto makers back in 1999 and though I have tried to buy one of the big 3 since I cannot find a logical reason to do so with others offering more quality for my money ... I have very simple expectations when I buy a new car, I want to get in it turn the key and go which is why I got away from the American Big 3 and will stay away until I find a good reason to change back again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

One more time: Do you people know what VA or FHA loans are? The buyer borrows the money from a commercial bank and the VA or FHA, whichever guarrantees the loan should the borrower default! Pure and simple, that is just the type of loans Chrysler got years ago. They paid the loans back to the banks not the government!!!!It did not cost the government/taxpayers anything! Now then WPT if that Jeep Cherokee was one of the ones that started the whole SUV business then it had a JAP transmission in it!!!!!

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This just happened less than two weeks ago, Jeep still has the vehicle and so far have not been able to give him any answers as to when he can expect to pick up his new vehicle, he did contact the bank to see what if anything he can do about it ... I told him to demand his money back and go and buy a Hyundai Sante Fe which would actually cost him less money and has a 100,000 mile warrantee on it ... He said "Never buy American again" once he gets this mess straightened out ... I showed him my wifes new Hyundai Azera Limited and he could not believe how nice of a car it is ... This is her second one and probably not the last one being as the first one had 87,000 miles on it and never had a problem let alone a major problem with it ... Keep the Jeep for my money, I'm not interested in paying for them kind of problems ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.