1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford Tech ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

1998 expedition with Auto climate control. Vehicle key removed blower moter goes on and off until battery drained. 3 dealers say could not duplicate. Wireing diagrams I have are not clear on source of power and grounds. Replaced GEM module on a whim???????any ideas?

2. emm2

emm2 Member

It probably would be the EATC (electronic automatic temerature control module) not the GEM module. First you need to scan the EATC and see if there are any codes. I can fax a wiring diagram if you need one. Shane

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

There where no codes present, but battery did die? If it happens again i will check before battery drains.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

code B1482, could not find any info? Also can not get ECTC self test to start. OFF/FLOOR then auto? Will not segment display?

5. emm2

emm2 Member

I can get you the info on that code tom. am. If you give me your e-mail I will let you know what I find out. Shane mmfishingteam05@yahoo.com

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Here it is. I don't think it has much to do with your concern, however.

B1482 Wiper Washer Fluid Level Sensor Circuit Short To Ground

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ford Tech??? Is this what is known as an oxymoron? LOL LOL

Hauxfan!

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yeah I didnt think that would help. Thats all I could pull out of it with the scanner I have. I have tried every ford with Auto climate control to go into self test mode, either the info is junk....says to push off and floor together then push auto with in 2 secounds. segments are supose to light and then spit out a code. I can not get any to do this. O well I do not have the time to mess with this problem. Not enough info avalible to me to bother with.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

thank you

10. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

Check the power distribution box/gem module for water intrussion.tsb 98-9-13 water leaks from windshield area.It leaks right into the gem and power distribution box,causes all kinds of problems.Try pushing warmer button and off button to get into eatc self test mode.Hope this helps. Don Cummins

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If you have access to an Alldata system it will probably show the power & ground distribution.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Don may have hit the right deal. I was reading on the Dieselstop.com forum, that the F-250 series body have a leaky windshield problem that begins to show with electrical problems. Water begins to short things out, and then burn out.

Go here(click the link above)......

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f27/water-leak-inside-fuse-panel-183828/

There's the same talk, experiencing your same problems.

Doug

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Vehicle sent out.....not fixed? Customer took vehicle to auto glass place. Where they did a ComprehensiveVehicleLeakDetection Test, Says they use water with a dye that appears with UV light? No leaks found. For S&Gs when he returned to our shop several days later we put Our UV light for checking AC leaks, there where traces of the UV die running all over under the dash, right down the harness onto fusebox/Gem module. Also found to be interesting is the directionals would work with no key in the ignition? Our boss decided to have the vehicle for several days, ran a dehumidifyer in it from monday until today. All worked well, vehicle has not been wet. Glass guy is coming friday to SEE this leak. At least we know they did use the dye. thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.