1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford Purse at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I saw this only cost $5.00 how does it work? Can someone explain it to me.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

From the 2011 Empire Grand program:

"FORD PURSE

There are five individual purses, one of $1 for each of four sub-events (events of 25 targets) plus one of $1 on the total score on 100 targets. To determine the winner of a Ford purse consider all the high scores on the first sub-event to be in a tie for the first purse; then these same shooters decide the winner on subsequent sub-events exactly as in a shoot-off. Ties will be decided by reverse score by sub-event, if necessary, for the second and third purses, and completely by reverse score by sub-event on the fourth purse. The fifth purse or total will be won by the high score, ties divide.

The maximum amount a shooter may win is the value of two purses: one from winnings on score in the sub-event plus one from winnings on the total score."

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Scott--Can you put that in laymens terms? Its ok too if you just say don't waste your money Matt it ain't for you. I have thick skin and don't hold grudges. Ok, i lied. I have thick skin.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Matt,

I've never played the Ford purse, primarily because I've never spent the time to understand it. I've not encountered it much in the West even though it was created by O.N. Ford, the creator of the PITA.

Basically, though you should only play it if you feel that you have a good chance of running most if not all of the sub-events.

But, then again, it only costs $5, so it might be worth it to try it. Last year each "purse" paid $243.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Matt, possibly the odds may be better for you in the holdum tourneys? :)

Hap

6. grntitan

Ok, Thank you Scott. Have a safe trip to Sparta, have a good time and most of all, good luck shooting. If someone is parked in your assigned/dedicated spot behind the Shell House, it might be me. Always wanted to do that. LOL

Hap--Now thats funny right there.

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You'll have some competition. I have friends who like to do that.

It's only a real asset on AIM days. Most other times there are closer spaces.

8. grntitan

Always wondered what would happen if i did. I would hate to come back after shooting or shopping and my truck had been towed. Also look pretty fishy with a vehicle sporting IL plates parked in UT's spot.

Have a good evening.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Well, not really. Some delegates rent cars and they have either IL or MO tags.

I'm pretty easy going, but if the parking lot is completely full (like it gets sometimes) and I had things I need to do in the Event Center, I might be a bit peeved.

But I'd only have your vehicle towed as joke you understand. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting ford purse

trapshooting what is a ford purse