1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford pickup brake question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wanderer, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanderer

wanderer Member

Have a 05 Ford pickup with disk brakes. How do you adjust the parking brake?
    Don't see any adjustment on the cable, so must be in the drum on the disk, or in the attachment of the cable to foot pedal. All help appreciated. G.E.G.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

There is no Drum on the disk . Look under the back of the cab were the bed starts . I think you adjust the cable /

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's fully self adjusting. What problem are you having?

4. shootman

shootman TS Member

I have an 02 F150 4x4 with 4 wheel disc brakes. Inside of the rear rotors there is a drum built in where the emergency brake is located. It is set up just like the old drum brakes with shoes. You adjust them on the cable. I just did a comp. brake job in Oct. BOB

5. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge TS Member

There is a star wheel inside of the emergency brake that you access through the backing plate. You turn the star wheel just like you did on the old drum brakes before self adjusters came along. That is the only way to adjust the emergency brake. Lee Dodge

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They had major problems with their parking brake shoes and hardware, in short, they were made of very poor materials that were not in the least bit corrosion resistant. It is common for the adjusters to be completely frozen and the linings to come right off of the shoes themselves. Backing off the adjusters can be nearly impossible without heating them (through the adjuster hole). I use Map gas and get it pretty hot. Once you've managed to get that rotor off, you will need to replace the star adjust and springs. The after market brake parts in this case are superior quality.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.