1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford or Chevy, and why????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I received a PM from a guy who asked me this same question? Let's get the popcorn ready as this will be a good one. My friend Luther and his son Gary love Fords. I love Chevy's and my reason is that Chevy is considered the workingman's car. In the 50's only once did Ford outsell Chevy. Ford was the last to go to a 12 volt battery. Could Ford ever match the 57 Chevy???? The #1 reason I love Chevy, I loved Dinah Shore.
    Steve

2. FIB

FIB Member

I was always a Chevy guy in HS. However, if I were to buy a new car I'd look hard at a Ford. I respect the fact they didn't take a Gov't money.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Well for starters if Gm built vehicles like it managed the company they should be belly up and 6 ft under. But no the taxpayers and stock holders got the shaft and they started over. Ford should be everyones choice and let the turds flush.

4. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Still driving------ Now 3 oldies, 2still lookin good and it aint me

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Ford the last to go 12 volt Ford the 1st to go overhead cams.

6. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

My grandpa owned a Ford dealership, he doesn't have a preference over ford or chevy but I'm a bit partial to ford.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Now days, I see little difference between any car made today. They all look the same and run the same mechanical and electronic hardware, domestic and foreign. There are so many foreign design and foreign made parts, engines and transmissions, one can get lost as to who's who.

All 3 of the big 3 import foreign designs and stick their name tags on them.

Now if you asked this question back in the 60's, which I consider the golden years of super cars, with Chrylers raw power, GM's elegant styling and Ford's quiet ride, then the debate could go on forever.

I find todays cars and trucks (yawn) kind of boring and all look the same.

Cost and maintenance is outragious and no one can repair one, unless he has a masters degree in computer engineering.

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD - This diesel and its Allison transmission have been a very big surprise to me. Great truck! I'd have no qualms about buying Ford either. Now want to start a discussion let's throw Dodge into the mix.

9. senior smoke

mollyone:
    Now that's a car. Did Ford ever design any car that looked even half as good as that one?????????????
    Steve

10. senior smoke

I forgot something that Ford did that Chevy did not do. Ford hired strike breakers the first time Ford's workers went out on strike, and the strike breakers killed some of their own workers.
    Steve

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

As far as full size truck/Van goes, I have a customer retires 4~5 vehicles per year among his fleet of 40 when they reach 200,000 miles. He had very good luck with E-350s.

I remember there're couple years Ford couldn't get enough of E-350 to his spec in time, he went for Chevy, and one year he got Dodge. He told me that 5 years down the road with heavy usage, they show differences.

He said he'll never buy Dodge ever, and no Chevy if possible. He's 20 years fleet maintenance record showed Ford is far better in upkeep.

Personally I buy Ford for my company simply because we have a better fleet account price from Ford. GM never pay much attention or respect to us.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Duh, let's see -- the company who screwed their bondholders and stabbed America in the back by going on welfare while paying a phony CEO who never moved to Detroit $9-Million, or the company that worked its own way out of trouble?

It's amazing how little some people use their pea-brains.

-Gary

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I worked for a Ford Dealer for 8yrs and one thing I learned Don't sell a chevy man a Ford or a Ford man a chevy. Even if it never gives him any trouble he will Never like it. Allen

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ford, because they are the only American car maker that has any respectability as far as reliability and engineering go. (They were ranked fifth, GM was second to last and Chrysler was last).
    Also...

[​IMG]

Does anything else need to be said?
    -Trappy

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Right-On, Shelly!

-Gary

16. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

From now on, Ford. They didn't take a government bailout

17. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

All car companies have taken government help in some form. Some just got a little more pregnant than others. Ron

18. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

I asked a Dodge mechanic last evening if he was a Ford or Chevy man, not knowing he worked in a Dodge shop:
    He said "Well, I work for Dodge........but all american trucks are junk."

19. senior smoke

My shooting friends are big into NASCAR. How does Ford and Chevy do in NASCAR, compared to Dodge and Toyota?
    Steve

20. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Was a very loyal Ford person for about 15 yrs. then got 3 in a row that were lemons in the truest sense, switched to Chevy in 71-- bought another Ford in 04, not a good choice, recalled 2 weeks later + many other small problems. next one will be Chevy again I just seem to have better luck with them. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.