1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford F-150 2010 Upgrade Info ? Any recomendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CW638YORK, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

I have a 2010 F-150 Supercrew with the 5.4 engine and 6spd auto trans.

I am interested in some upgrades regarding performance...

Engine tuners / intakes / exhaust...

Anyone have any performance upgrades that they would personally recommend ?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I added a super chip to mine. I bought it on ebay for $225.00 and it does work. I set my trans for firm shifts and raised the rev limiters to max. I also told it I wanted economical setting, I forget what all they were but gas mileage went from 18.2 to 20.6 on the highway and from 13.2 to 14.7 in city. If you intend to keep the truck it is worthwhile. I forgot too that my truck is 4 wheel drive. Jackie B.

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm not sure how close you are to any speed shops in your area. I personally favor getting a vehicle tuned on a dyno so that you can adjust the fuel mapping custom to your vehicle as it is driving on the dyno. This may cost a little more than a "canned tune" but it'd be spot on. Get it tuned after all you install your bolt on parts.

Be forewarned that car companies are catching on to this. I'm not sure if you can just flash it back to normal settings and take it to the dealer. If they find that its been tuned it'll kill your power train warranty. Anything they can blame on it they will. Cars come tuned a little rich to protect the engine.

People do it every day and by no means am I the authority on the matter. There are just some cons to it. A few years and some more miles and you wan't have to deal with the warranty anyway. Good luck.

Nick

4. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

Replace the exhaust manifold withe headers, aftermarket catalytic converter! Chip to control the power and everything wing the engine like stated above, clean intake filter / replace filter.. aftermarket suspension. Tons of stuff you can do!

5. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Thanks for the ideas guys but now I have bigger problems...

Last night a 23 yr old woman decided to plow into my F-150 while out partying on her 23rd birthday...

It happened while I was sleeping & my family awoke to a horrific crash...

This sucks !

Chris

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Looks like you are going to have a 2013. Take the insurance money and then sue that little shit for even more since she was driving drunk. Go after whatever she has and do it with a smile. She could have ploughed right into your house.

7. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

And to top it off.... She was driving an Enterprise rental vehicle !!!!!

Im so pissed - excuse me !

Chris

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

About 10k in damage, just by the looks, provide that the frame isn't bent.

9. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Had my 2010 FX4 rear-ended ten months ago by a 22 year old that fell asleep at the wheel at 5:30PM. Best truck I ever owned. $12,000 damage, with bent frame and axle, half the bed replaced, damage to the cab, and the whole rear bumper and tailgate area. I traded it the day before I was to get it back on a new 2012 Lariat with a 5.0. I am still dealing terribly with post concussion syndrome symptoms. Insurance should repair your truck, but it might never be the same. I got the guys insurance company to pay for a full size truck while I waited for mine to be repaired. It took six weeks, and three more insurance estimates as they dismantled my wrecked truck and kept finding more damage. When they thought they were done, they found yet more damage upon the test drive and inspection. Good luck

10. TD1958

TD1958 Member

If you do buy a new truck, test drive the eco boost truck you will be amazed. If you want both fuel mileage and performance I think you will be surprised. Good luck,Tim

11. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Rick Barker,

Thanks...I needed that ( sarcasm )...appreciate your input about as much as my current situation...

Chris

12. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

The good thing is that you or your loved ones wernt in the truck.I would sue the woman driving also. Good luck

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Consider a new 2014 GM product, preferably a GMC. Big changes planned for those trucks in the half ton series for '14. Yeah, I know, "Obama Motors" and all of that, but the blue oval company is no angel either considering the crappy diesels (6.0 and 6.4) with which they fleeced the public..torque to yield head bolts etc. I do own a Mustang 3 valver, nice car, for its ilk, i.e., a pony car.

They all have their good points and sucky points.

14. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

No truck is going to fair well when hit from behind by someone going 50mph and not braking Rick.
    At least I got to drive a full size four door 4x4 2012 Chevy for six weeks comparable to my Ford. Of the two, I prefer the Ford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.