1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford Edge. Anyone one have one? your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Would you recommend one. Any problems with yours? Bulge

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

OK, here are my thoughts: It's marketed to indecision. It's not a good car and it's not a good SUV. It gets crappy gas milage, like an SUV, but can't tow $hit, like a midsized sedan. Buy a car or buy and SUV already. To me, it looks like AMC jumped back into the car biz as a reincarnation of the Eagle.

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

We have 2, and '07 and an '08 and we like them. They are comfortable and quiet. The AWD and traction control make them very stable on ice and snow. We routinely get 18 and 19 MPG city/town and 26 on the freeway which is better than either of our previous Dodge vans (3.3L and 3.8L) got. The luggage capacity is good (rear seats fold flat as does the passenger front seat on ours) and the vehicle is comfortable for 4 adults, particularly those who might be a bit challenged getting into and out of the typical low-slung sedan or 3-seat SUV.

If you want to tow, buy a truck. We're quite happy with the Edge.

Carol Lister

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I looked at one before getting my Explorer. Like Tron, it seems like it can't make up its mind. I know several people who own them, and they love 'em.

They look like a couple of stacked shoe boxes, and too boxy. Everyone to their own tastes, though. The Edge seems like a love/hate type of vehicle.

Best,
    Dennis

5. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Wife and I bought one last December. She wasn't too sure at first but has come to love it. It is heavy, has great safety features, and the important thing for her is the heater will cook you. I drove it in ice, snow and at obscene highway speeds and it rides like a dream.
    Pat Haskins

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, do you have a GM insignia tat on your chest?

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Tried to sit in an '09 and the seats were too small... didn't both to drive it. Fred

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Looks like consumers give the Edge very high marks.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/edge/2008/consumerreview.html?tid=edmunds.n.crrindex...1.Ford*

9. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

The Edge is what used to be called a station wagon before that term became the kiss of death for any vehicle. I think they call them "crossovers" now.

10. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Better get used to the idea, boys...

The auto industry as you've known it is following the carrier pigeon into extinction. The days of 2 dozen models in 5 or 6 lines and specialty vehicles galore from one manufacturer are history. In a few years you'll see each manufacturer building 2 or 3 models of car, a couple light trucks and a multi-purpose vehicle or you won't see them at all.

Carol Lister

11. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Carol, I'm impressed with your ability to predict the future. Could you please tell me a few stocks to buy today that will double within the next year. Thanks.

12. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Delbert,
    you're not impressed; you're just really hoping I'm wrong!

Carol Lister

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ummm....Passenger Pigeons are the species that's extinct (used for Trap shooting in the early years of our sport). Carrier Pigeons were bred for racing in Europe and decended from Europeon "Rock Pigeons". At times they were used to deliver messages.

14. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Good catch, Tron.

Does that mean the auto industry is now saved??

Carol Lister

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.