1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ford 460 Motor and Trans

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by fdiesel, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

0   0   0

Picked up a Ford 460 complete motor and trans for a project car I was gonna work on. Don't have enough time in the foreseeable future and getting rid of it all. Didn't know if anyone on here had an interest before I just scrap it, btw I live in Michigan.

Thanks for reading, Darryl Hayes

2. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

Isaac, How are things going in Detroit? Butch fom Pgh

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

man I wish I was closer...I'd love to do a nice old 50 Merc leadsled with that motor built with SCJ speed parts and a set of Lake pipes

4. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

0   0   0

Hey Butch, things are pretty good. Just waiting for this weather to break to start shooting and fishing again. How are things going your way?

5. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

0   0   0

Darryl, how much to ship to the "Left" coast? LOL I have a '57 F100 that could use an up-grade. My '91 F250 give me a pretty consent 11-12 MPH.
    Norman

6. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

you need to find a police car engine. we had one in 74 awesome. oz

7. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

0   0   0

Norman, not sure but I'll check into today. FYI, the motor came out of a 1979 Lincoln Mark V, 60 k on motor before it was pulled out.

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Those are bad azz motors if they have the dove heads and are rebuilt by a guy who knows the motors. You can't beat cubic inches for power. Had one rebuilt and installed it in a 77 f 250 factory high boy and it would try to tear the truck up. The thing was a beast and could not get stuck no matter how you tried.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm not a Ford guy but doesn't matter if it's GM, Ford or Mopar:

"There is no replacement for displacement"

Always loved those big Cube Motors. They just have that sound and the torque is crazy.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wish you were local.

11. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I wish he was local too Brian...wouldnt it give the diehard Chevy guys a headache if i were to drop that monster in my C4 Vette??

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    LOL, yup.

If I had it, I'd be looking for something like a beater Pinto or Mustang II to drop it in for a bracket racer. It's amazing what a stock 460 will do in a light car.

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

There is a substitute for cubic inches, its called a air compressor. The new indy engine specs. are 2.4L (146 cu. in.) running 45-55 psi turbo will pump out 700 ponies. Thats a little 4 banger.

14. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

In my youngers days I was a big fan of the Tin Indians...loved them old 421's...torque rules

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

As far as the Big Blocks go, the Bow ties and Mopar ruled (well, as far as the small blocks go too I guess). You can make the Ford go-go, but it'll cost you, but speed is just a question of money.

The first thing that I would do to a 460 is replace the timing gear deal and advance the timing. Then if money allows, cam it up, put a good intake and carb on there, boost up the compression, port the heads, put hookers on there and then you got something....maybe.

The C-6 tranny is pretty good....comparable with GM's turbo 400.

OH, and I'm pretty sure that the standard issue on the 79 Mark was a 400 Modified, not the 460.

JMHO

16. sanremo

sanremo Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'd like to come get the 460 where are you located?

17. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

0   0   0

Joe, I believe you are correct. The Cartier, and Bill Blass editions that I know of came standard with the 460.

Western, that is a beauty! What kind of numbers does that baby do?

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Western Shooter is actually the Green Hornet. I can see the Black Beauty parked behind his Cobra.

19. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

0   0   0

I still have another Cartier series Mark V that I'm working on. Was gonna find a mustang body and put this other motor in but the wife aint buying 2 project cars. Hate to move it but too many toys piling up right now.

20. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

0   0   0

APrice,,,yes you are right,,,My fingers don't type what I am thinking,,I think I should have said "MPG"

Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.