1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Forcing cone on new BT-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

...which is any load, r44u77, believe me.

Neil

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Well gosh Rem870TB,

Check the forcing cone of your old TB and compare that with one of an 870 Classic Trap and see that even Remington is catching on."

Well gosh, I own Remington's spanning the last 30 years, including the overbored 870TC from the 1990's, the newest having been made in Sept 2005.

They all pattern well and I can't tell any difference in recoil between any of them in regards to recoil when identical loads are used in them.

I shot a friend's new Remington last week that he justacquired in August 2007, didn't notice any difference in shooting that, either.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

r44u77- I have never commented about the difference powders in terms of milliseconds (1/1000 of a second). I have commented on the difference in terms of 2-3/ 10,000 of a second. A millisecond is much too long to determine the peak pressure differences among powders. Many claim to be able to distinguish the difference between 0.0001 of a second and 0.0004 of a second with their shoulder. I just can't envision how it can be done.

Pat Ireland

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Remington may have made shorter forcing cones in the past because they were needed for the cardboard and filler wads available then.

Recoil reduction is mainly between your ears!!

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

When I first started shooting trap back in the 80's I had a BT-99.

I can't recall the year, I had the forcing cone lengthened. I was surprised by how much less the recoil felt.

Yes, have the cone lengthened. (If your BT is still in warranty, hold off till it expires). I think your will be pleased on how much less felt recoil you will experience.

This was my experience, I since have sold the BT, the new owner is still shooting this trap gun.

Frank

6. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

If It is a new BT 99 the forceing cones have been done already the gun comes backbored from the factroy and thay match the cones to the bore anything eles is just a waste of money if the gun kick's to much have it fited and that will make a difference.Good shooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.